General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Things that bother you about your Monte...

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2019, 07:04 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by bumpin96monte
Ugh - I had the same setup on my 07 GP GXP, that setup was awful for changing a battery. Also seemed like I went through them notably more quickly than on other vehicles, IMO the CCA available in that battery size is barely adequate in the more extreme conditions given a relatively high compression v8.

The last time I did it solo. I took the fuse box apart. Roughly doubled the install time, but you could actually install the battery in a somewhat reasonable manner.
Yep. What should be one of the more simple tasks on a car is a chore on the LS4s to say the least. I take the fuse box cover off, undo the little nuts at the top and slide it up as far as I can, and if I have someone else there to help hold it up out of the way it's a bonus.

For a time there I was plagued by frequent dead batteries and was going through them like every 2 years, which if you think about it in my situation that's only 2k miles of use which is nothing. Sometimes the car could sit for two weeks and start right up, other times it'd sit for one day and be totally dead - very random. I try to keep a tender on it when it sits but sometimes would forget. Anyway, my negative cable was broke where it sits on the post and the cabling was aging and wearing out in general. I finally had the negative cable replaced last fall and have had not one issue since.

Old 11-21-2019, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Thrush_Glasspack
I don't like the rust I have going on at the rear fender wells.
I also wish there were more headlight options and aftermarket parts.
I second that I wish I still had the rockers on the red Monte

Old 11-21-2019, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Steelbizkit
1: Typical Chevy rust problem areas. (I.e. rear fender Arch and rockers).

That's it. Everything else is the same stuff on Ford Dodge Toyota Honda. Cept nissan, love my Nissan's.
yep for my red Monte I feel this one it’s unfortunate