General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Things that bother you about your Monte...

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2019, 09:52 PM

1: Typical Chevy rust problem areas. (I.e. rear fender Arch and rockers).

That's it. Everything else is the same stuff on Ford Dodge Toyota Honda. Cept nissan, love my Nissan's.

Old 05-23-2019, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by bwill314
2006 SS:

FWD
Flapping noise from seatbelts when windows are down.
No light in the glove-box.
Difficulty putting gas into the car. You have to manually hold the pump, because if you let go it keeps clicking off. This is a problem at every gas station I've been to.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who has trouble with the gas pump not staying on. What do you think causes that? And I agree about the seatbelt flapping. Also I hate not having an oil pressure gauge. BTW I have a 2000 LS

Old 05-24-2019, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by 2000_Monte
I'm glad I'm not the only one who has trouble with the gas pump not staying on. What do you think causes that?
Evap system is what ive been told. Same problem here.

..A little tip, there are usually two notches on the gas pump handle. Use the first one so it comes out slower..

Old 05-26-2019, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by Steelbizkit
1: Typical Chevy rust problem areas. (I.e. rear fender Arch and rockers).
I feel your pain.

Old 05-26-2019, 10:49 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by wht02monte
Evap system is what ive been told. Same problem here.

..A little tip, there are usually two notches on the gas pump handle. Use the first one so it comes out slower..

Vapor recovery here. I thought it was a bad seal on the spout, turning the spout around where it was like a j instead of an r worked for me. But there was one pump at a station that I frequently filled up at that would never lock on no matter what.

Old 05-27-2019, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Barovelli
Vapor recovery here. I thought it was a bad seal on the spout, turning the spout around where it was like a j instead of an r worked for me. But there was one pump at a station that I frequently filled up at that would never lock on no matter what.
Def gonna try this.. Thanks..

Old 05-29-2019, 12:06 AM

It gets no respect from the other clown cars...

Old 05-29-2019, 06:41 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

2006 SS. These are probably in order of my personal dislike - 1 being the most annoying.

(1) Battery changing - There's no way to actually remove/install a battery without tipping it on its side which you technically aren't suppose to do. It's difficult to change by yourself as the fuse box needs to be held up and out of the way for proper clearance. And there's extremely narrow clearance and literally one specific position the battery can be oriented as it's lowered and rotated into the tray - finding that orientation is a pita.
(2) Rear wheel lip rust - Even though mine is very minimal (rear passenger lip only), the car had signs of it back in 2010 when I bought it when it was not even five years old. A four/five year old car should not have body rust even when driven year-round daily.
(3) Side rocker trim - Collects a lot of stones and debris. And where it fastens in the rear wheel well there's no secondary fastener to keep the trim from staying up and super tight up against the body - it naturally wants to rotate down and away.
(4) Seat belt buckle rubbing on center console - More so on the passenger seat, when moving the seat forward and back the belt buckle rubs on the side of the center console and leaves white scuffs on the black center console plastic. Felt on the backside of the belt buckle may prevent this but after years of use the damage is already done.
(5) Spoiler holds water for days - After washing especially, the spoiler holds a significant amount of water and then it runs all down the back of the car the first time it's driven. I've learned to open the trunk and leave it open for a longer period of time to let the water run out, which helps. Still annoying finding a bunch of water marks down the back after you've spent a couple hours making it look nice.
(6) Fuel vapor - Occasionally while filling up the nozzle will get hung up and shut off repeatedly, even when on the slowest fill notch.
(7) HVAC blend actuator ticking - Annoying but I've learned to leave the controls alone and it stays quiet.

Old 05-29-2019, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
2006 SS. These are probably in order of my personal dislike - 1 being the most annoying.

(1) Battery changing - There's no way to actually remove/install a battery without tipping it on its side which you technically aren't suppose to do. It's difficult to change by yourself as the fuse box needs to be held up and out of the way for proper clearance. And there's extremely narrow clearance and literally one specific position the battery can be oriented as it's lowered and rotated into the tray - finding that orientation is a pita.
(2) Rear wheel lip rust - Even though mine is very minimal (rear passenger lip only), the car had signs of it back in 2010 when I bought it when it was not even five years old. A four/five year old car should not have body rust even when driven year-round daily.
(3) Side rocker trim - Collects a lot of stones and debris. And where it fastens in the rear wheel well there's no secondary fastener to keep the trim from staying up and super tight up against the body - it naturally wants to rotate down and away.
(4) Seat belt buckle rubbing on center console - More so on the passenger seat, when moving the seat forward and back the belt buckle rubs on the side of the center console and leaves white scuffs on the black center console plastic. Felt on the backside of the belt buckle may prevent this but after years of use the damage is already done.
(5) Spoiler holds water for days - After washing especially, the spoiler holds a significant amount of water and then it runs all down the back of the car the first time it's driven. I've learned to open the trunk and leave it open for a longer period of time to let the water run out, which helps. Still annoying finding a bunch of water marks down the back after you've spent a couple hours making it look nice.
(6) Fuel vapor - Occasionally while filling up the nozzle will get hung up and shut off repeatedly, even when on the slowest fill notch.
(7) HVAC blend actuator ticking - Annoying but I've learned to leave the controls alone and it stays quiet.
Well said......ALL valid points!!!

Old 05-29-2019, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS

Ugh - I had the same setup on my 07 GP GXP, that setup was awful for changing a battery. Also seemed like I went through them notably more quickly than on other vehicles, IMO the CCA available in that battery size is barely adequate in the more extreme conditions given a relatively high compression v8.

The last time I did it solo. I took the fuse box apart. Roughly doubled the install time, but you could actually install the battery in a somewhat reasonable manner.

Quick Reply: Things that bother you about your Monte...