General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

6th Gen ('00-'05): MPD Ram Air Hood

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2022, 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by bumpin96monte
Why not buy Grand Am 3400 headers (I think OBX makes some) and just have those modified by a local exhaust shop to fit your car?

At least the hard part (primaries) will be done - it'll just be modifying thr crossover to clear the 4t65 and the downpipe to clear the firewall - both of which should just be 1 pipe each (ie a lot cheaper to just cut and weld).
Never thought of that; i guess that's the move.

Old 06-21-2022, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Thrush_Glasspack
Never thought of that; i guess that's the move.
If you're dead set on headers, that'll certainly be a lot cheaper than having a place custom build them from scratch. No doubt it'll still be expensive as skilled fab labor isn't cheap, but a good fabricator could easily modify them to fit in a day's work or less, and you'll already have virtually all of the material from the header set - it just needs to be chopped and re-welded to fit.

I just dont see a place coming out of the woodwork this late in the game to start offering 3400 W body headers at this point. Even the 3800 market is slimming down these days.

Last edited by bumpin96monte; 06-21-2022 at 09:12 AM.
Old 06-21-2022, 09:27 AM

If you're dead set on headers, that'll certainly be a lot cheaper than having a place custom build them from scratch. No doubt it'll still be expensive as skilled fab labor isn't cheap, but a good fabricator could easily modify them to fit in a day's work or less, and you'll already have virtually all of the material from the header set - it just needs to be chopped and re-welded to fit.

I just dont see a place coming out of the woodwork this late in the game to start offering 3400 W body headers at this point. Even the 3800 market is slimming down these days.
I agree. Only option is MMS, but they have such a bad rep.

Old 06-21-2022, 01:21 PM
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Thrush_Glasspack
I agree. Only option is MMS, but they have such a bad rep.
I can't recall who I spoke with years and years ago regarding a top swap but he was very responsive. He even offered a used m90 kit he had on the self but I just didnt want to go with a used parts kit off someone else's car that may be missing pieces.
What's the concern if I may ask?

Old 06-21-2022, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Mac7504
What's the concern if I may ask?
He's developed a bad reputation- especially around these kind of odd / custom parts. For some reason, he's got very few good reviews and an abnormally high number of complaints of issues for non delivery and late delivery on the unusual parts. A few examples are on bbb, and there are several more across the various w body forums and FB pages (3800 Performance to name one). Its an alarmingly high number of complaints for such an ultra low volume business.

Its too bad too. IMO he's got some good niche product potential, but it seems like no one wants to jump in and try because of all the bad reviews.

I've also not personally had any issues with him. He was very active back in the MyMonte.com days. Met him at one of the UMM meets in Indiana, and I'm pretty sure I even bought my z34 harness from him.

Old 06-21-2022, 04:15 PM
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

He's developed a bad reputation- especially around these kind of odd / custom parts. For some reason, he's got very few good reviews and an abnormally high number of complaints of issues for non delivery and late delivery on the unusual parts. A few examples are on bbb, and there are several more across the various w body forums and FB pages (3800 Performance to name one). Its an alarmingly high number of complaints for such an ultra low volume business.

Its too bad too. IMO he's got some good niche product potential, but it seems like no one wants to jump in and try because of all the bad reviews.

I've also not personally had any issues with him. He was very active back in the MyMonte.com days. Met him at one of the UMM meets in Indiana, and I'm pretty sure I even bought my z34 harness from him.
Ahh I see, yeah no bueno! Thanks for the info, sad to hear of this vendor doing business this way. I thought we were all a tight knit community and this is not what I expected to hear.