Guide: How to reset low tire pressure monitor

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2021, 07:10 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by craig32
Again, I realize this is an old thread, , , , but none of that worked for my car. I got some Firestones on the front that are constantly going soft, but usually both are going down and don't set off the sensors. I had only one go down and the sensor tripped the light, the radio wasn't the right one to work in my car (didn't have the option on it) and I tried at least a dozen times with the light switch, and nothing worked. I just unhooked the battery for a few seconds and that does the trick. I try to do it at noon so I don't have to reset the clock!)
Usually it is better to start a new thread (and reference this one), only because most of the people who helped with this thread have been gone a while. But, moving on.... What year Monte are you dealing with? If it is a 06-07 I don't know 100%, but I don't think these steps will work (I think these are for 00-05). 06-07 I believe use a modern TPMS system that involves special valve stems and require a tool to help with the reset. The 00-05 is using a calculation done by the EBCM using the wheel speed sensors in the wheel hubs (which is also for the ABS system). If you have a 2000-2005 Monte, does it still have the factory radio?

Old 09-22-2021, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by craig32
Again, I realize this is an old thread, , , , but none of that worked for my car. I got some Firestones on the front that are constantly going soft, but usually both are going down and don't set off the sensors. I had only one go down and the sensor tripped the light, the radio wasn't the right one to work in my car (didn't have the option on it) and I tried at least a dozen times with the light switch, and nothing worked. I just unhooked the battery for a few seconds and that does the trick. I try to do it at noon so I don't have to reset the clock!)

Just use this if it's going to be an ongoing thing, and without your radio it might be.

Old 09-22-2021, 10:19 AM

Yeah, I'm familiar with the 'old threads' issue, but most of the threads here are old! It wasn't (isn't) an issue, I was just commenting that it didn't work for me. My Monte is a 2002, bought new, original radio with CD player - pretty sure it was the first one that came with it, that I didn't have to have the dealership change for me. I do have the common traction control/ABS issue, pretty sure it's the wiring. I changed all the wheel bearings trying to find the bad one, and after it started coming on and was told which one it was, I put the old one back on.