Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

new car

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 03:14 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default new car

Hi I am new to the forum. I recently purchased a 2000 monte carlo ss. I have 2 questions. how do I re set the low tire pressure light? And How do replace the lighter? Does the console have to come out? I dont want to break anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Than you

Old 08-23-2013, 04:22 PM

i searched it and found this for the tire pressure light. not sure about the lighter

1. Turn the ignition to ACC or ON and turn the radio off.

2. Press and hold the TUNE DISP button on the radio for at least five seconds until SETTINGS is displayed.

3. Press SEE PSCAN up or down arrow to scroll through the main menue.

4. Scroll until the TIRE MON appears on the display.

5. Press the 1 PREV or 2 NEXT button to enter the submenu. RESET will be displayed.

6. Press the TUNE DISP button to reset. A chime will be heard to verify the new setting and DONE will be displayed for one second.

7. Once the monitor has been reset, scroll until the EXIT appears on the display.

8. Press the TUNE DISP button to exit programming. A chime will be heard to verify exit.

Old 08-24-2013, 07:32 PM
5 Year Member

Hey Steve. Thanks for the reply. The car has an aftermarket kenwood stereo. So, I did put in a call to the local dealer. Of course they want me to bring it in. I have a friend that owns a volvo shop. I am going to stop by there Monday and use his alldata and see if it shows. Thanks again for your help.

Old 08-24-2013, 08:49 PM

I found somewhere earlier today (I also have a 00'with aftermarket CD player) that you turn the key to on then push the light in and out 3 times in 5 seconds then turn it off. And it resets it

Old 08-24-2013, 08:51 PM

It worked for me. And Welcome!!

Old 08-25-2013, 12:07 PM
5 Year Member

Thanks Possessions. I haven't went out and tried it yet. But the light that says low tire pressure is the same small screen that says door ajar when the door is open. It is a flat screen on the dash. I dont think it moves. The dealer told me Chevrolet didn't install tire pressure sensors on the monte carlo until 2006. Thanks for your help.

Old 08-26-2013, 10:13 PM

Lol oops should have been more specific. I ment the headlight **** and hmm if you take it to that shop let me know. That trick worked for me for 2 days then today it came back on. The psi was at 40 just like before so I'm curious as to if its just a bad sensor.

Old 08-27-2013, 11:29 AM
5 Year Member

Hey Possessions. Yeah, I missed our meaning. Lol. Thanks for the clarification. I did go to my buddies shop and look on alldata. It said the same as you. Turn ignition to on or acc, pull headlight switch out to park light position and back in 3 times in 5 seconds. I did it and it turned it off. I did it yesterday and it has stayed off so far. He told me if it comes back on to go to Les Schwab tire center and they could test the sensors. So, if you have a Schwabs where you live , you might try that. Or any good sized tire place could probably do it. If you or anyone else out there can tell me how to remove the lighter without breaking something , I would appreciate it. Thanks again for your help. And good luck. Let me know how it turns out.

Old 08-28-2013, 10:59 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome to the site.

Old 08-29-2013, 08:01 AM
5 Year Member

Thank you.

Quick Reply: new car