Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   FWD Tech Guides '95-'07 (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/fwd-tech-guides-95-07-62/)
-   -   Guide: How to reset low tire pressure monitor (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/fwd-tech-guides-95-07-62/how-reset-low-tire-pressure-monitor-594/)

montejass 07-02-2005 10:45 AM

How to reset low tire pressure monitor

1. Turn the ignition to ACC or ON and turn the radio off.

2. Press and hold the TUNE DISP button on the radio for at least five seconds until SETTINGS is displayed.

3. Press SEE PSCAN up or down arrow to scroll through the main menue.

4. Scroll until the TIRE MON appears on the display.

5. Press the 1 PREV or 2 NEXT button to enter the submenu. RESET will be displayed.

6. Press the TUNE DISP button to reset. A chime will be heard to verify the new setting and DONE will be displayed for one second.

7. Once the monitor has been reset, scroll until the EXIT appears on the display.

8. Press the TUNE DISP button to exit programming. A chime will be heard to verify exit.

Enjoy!!!

Taz 12-25-2007 11:13 AM

RE: How to reset low tire pressure monitor

The issue of people with aftermarket radios not being able to follow the usual instructions.
Here's a link to a thread that addresses this issue and gives a solution.

https://montecarloforum.com/m_68070/..._/tm.htm#68242

Hope this works for you.

monte07 03-09-2009 04:41 PM

what about the people who have the last model of the montes the 07 7th gen cars if ichange my head unit i am screwed right?? because my oil life and low pressure ights and gadges are controlled by the four bottons by the dash i never had to press the gass peddle to reset my oil lif indicator just hit a booton it is resett the onle thing that i had to do with the tire pressure to low is to replace all the sensors /or take the sensors off and the tire montering system off because i am haveing a problem with it got new tires and sensors now every time i start my car it said all my tires are flat even though the tire montering system has benn reset

butcher885 03-15-2009 10:32 PM

you should probably check with the shop that installed your new tires. They should be able to replace a few parts for a little extra $. Everything should work like new after the repairs have been made. They should have done this/told you about it when they were installing your new tires.

00SSsupercharged 03-15-2009 10:51 PM

Would this work for a 2000 monte carlo ss supercharged???

00SSsupercharged 03-16-2009 05:11 PM

Thank you very much montejass!!!!

04 dale jr supercharged 04-26-2010 05:19 AM

it will work to bro

Justin 06-10-2010 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by montejass (Post 4667)
1. Turn the ignition to ACC or ON and turn the radio off.

2. Press and hold the TUNE DISP button on the radio for at least five seconds until SETTINGS is displayed.

3. Press SEE PSCAN up or down arrow to scroll through the main menue.

4. Scroll until the TIRE MON appears on the display.

5. Press the 1 PREV or 2 NEXT button to enter the submenu. RESET will be displayed.

6. Press the TUNE DISP button to reset. A chime will be heard to verify the new setting and DONE will be displayed for one second.

7. Once the monitor has been reset, scroll until the EXIT appears on the display.

8. Press the TUNE DISP button to exit programming. A chime will be heard to verify exit.

Enjoy!!!

k i know this is a old thread, but i went threw my radio functions like stated above, and i couldn't find anywhere threw the settings for the tire mon. why is that? i seen everything else like (reset oil life,alarm,fob horn,trunk lock) but not the tire one?

04 Intimidator 06-24-2010 11:26 AM

Justin - There is a faster way to do it without the radio.

Start your car.

Pull the headlight nob back one click and push it back in. Repeat the pull/push 2 more times within 5 seconds and the dash will beep and the tire light will go out.

Boxmonster 08-31-2010 06:03 PM

I turn the ignition to the acc position, then on and off the park lights 3 times..that resets it on my 02