Racing your Monte Raced a guy in your ride? Had that Monte Carlo of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Took the monte to the track

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 11:26 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Originally Posted by nyislanders
I would be up for it but Missouri is a little too far for me. :P Awesome races by the way!
Yeah I don't blame ya. It would totally be awesome if we could get our montes side-by-side sometime though && btw I figured out not that long ago that my monte originally was from New York right before we owned it, we are her 2nd owners

Originally Posted by Chevy Commando
Well another suggestion then is to do it here in KC. We have a track about 15 mins from my house (www.kcir.net) is the website and they usually run if it is 40 degrees and sunny. Afterwards we can go to my house for some bbq and what not. It was last Sept when I ran my car...nice cool days makes for some better times if you get traction. This offer is open to all. If we get 3 or 4 cars then I could see if any of my Pontiac friends want to come out also and make a day of it. It is not like my Monte has never been next to a Pontiac at the track.
Ahh cool cool. The only problem is that it's kinda hard for me to get outta the house bcuz my parents are pretty protective of me still =/ but I'm thinking about transferring to a college in KC area in the spring so it's not totally outta the question if we do it here sometime, i'm gonna see if anyone else from the other forums wanna come

Old 07-01-2010, 11:39 PM

That would be awesome to get our montes together . Hmm, KC might be less of a trip for me.. Maybe sometime in the future. I know my parents won't let me leave the state anytime soon. lol

Old 07-01-2010, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by nyislanders
That would be awesome to get our montes together . Hmm, KC might be less of a trip for me.. Maybe sometime in the future. I know my parents won't let me leave the state anytime soon. lol
ha yeah i know the feeling. actually the track is in IL so it would be a shorter trip for you to go there instead of KC

Old 07-13-2010, 04:07 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2009
2009 Monte Of The Year
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by SIC LSX
I bet it was fun! But times seem really off. Did u take the floor mat out to make sure u were getting full throttle??
lol i think all the intimidator stickers put too much weight on the car.

Old 07-14-2010, 12:18 AM

I bet it was fun! But times seem really off. Did u take the floor mat out to make sure u were getting full throttle?? mine dale jr went 14.9 bone stock and with just a few mods went 13.9. Hell my old 02 malibu with 3400 na went that stock and with catback, intake, and some free mods i got 15.2 out of it. oh and some weight out of the cars
No I didn't I wanted to take those, the spare tire, & the back seat out of it but I had no place to put them & Ryan nor Kris would watch them for me to make sure no East Saint Louis bum stole them. I prob won't race her again til the meets I set up in like September unless it cools down enough for one of the races before that

Originally Posted by silverbullitt
lol i think all the intimidator stickers put too much weight on the car.
Hey don't be hating on my decals Ryan lol we still gotta meet up someplace so we can race against each other

Old 07-14-2010, 11:45 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I bet it was fun! But times seem really off. Did u take the floor mat out to make sure u were getting full throttle?? mine dale jr went 14.9 bone stock and with just a few mods went 13.9. Hell my old 02 malibu with 3400 na went that stock and with catback, intake, and some free mods i got 15.2 out of it. oh and some weight out of the cars
I'm just curious about this, so I'm not being rude or anything, but did you swap the 3400 in the Malibu? The reason I ask is because the 97-04 Malibus never came with a 3400, but the 97-03's did come with 3100's (the 04 came with a 4 cyl for the Classic model). But I would believe that the Malibu ran that time because they're actually fairly lightweight cars.

Back on topic, take the Monte back and run some 14's

Old 11-08-2010, 11:47 PM

Glad you had a good time and outran a Mustard Stain lol. Drag Racing is addictive.