Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

6th Gen ('00-'05): Got in an accident!!! :-(

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 08:34 PM

I'm sorry to hear of your mishap. I'm glad you are ok. I had geico too. I dropped them just about a year ago. I had pulled my car off the road when Susan and I were both working the same hours and same location. I wasn't using it so I dropped the insurance which was geico. When I put the car back on the road geico put me in their indemnity group instead of preferred because I was without insurance for a year. I explained that I didn't have a car on the road of my own and that I was insured under Susan's policy. They didn't care and every year the indemnity group rates kept going up. After three years I asked geico when I would be offered the preferred insurance again. They said they didn't know but the underwriters would decide and let me know. When it came time for renewal I again asked about the preferred and again they refused. I had not had a claim since 2004 when roof shingles scratched my paint during a hurricane. I told them if they didn't offer me the preferred I was going to take my business elsewhere. They refused so I went elsewhere. Got lower rates too.

Old 02-21-2012, 08:44 PM

Hey man,maybe you'll have a 00 pacer and make us all jealous of that red/black interior:p

Old 02-21-2012, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by mousehousemoparman
I'm sorry to hear of your mishap. I'm glad you are ok. I had geico too. I dropped them just about a year ago. I had pulled my car off the road when Susan and I were both working the same hours and same location. I wasn't using it so I dropped the insurance which was geico. When I put the car back on the road geico put me in their indemnity group instead of preferred because I was without insurance for a year. I explained that I didn't have a car on the road of my own and that I was insured under Susan's policy. They didn't care and every year the indemnity group rates kept going up. After three years I asked geico when I would be offered the preferred insurance again. They said they didn't know but the underwriters would decide and let me know. When it came time for renewal I again asked about the preferred and again they refused. I had not had a claim since 2004 when roof shingles scratched my paint during a hurricane. I told them if they didn't offer me the preferred I was going to take my business elsewhere. They refused so I went elsewhere. Got lower rates too.
Im dropping them as soon as the cut me the check!!! They have all the info pictures and estimate they need and still no action! I thought about telling them Im going to drop them but I dont want that to influence them to give me less money if they decide to total it. I wish they would let me know something because Ive found a pace car and this intimidator Ive provided a link for with reasonable prices but I cannot act because Im waiting on Geico!

2004 Monte Carlo SS Intimidator

Old 02-21-2012, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by 04chevyboy
Hey man,maybe you'll have a 00 pacer and make us all jealous of that red/black interior:p
A pace or supercharged would be nice but ill be happy with a black SS ill get my summer rims painted and murder the whole thing out

Old 02-21-2012, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by StrongTakeover
Im dropping them as soon as the cut me the check!!! They have all the info pictures and estimate they need and still no action! I thought about telling them Im going to drop them but I dont want that to influence them to give me less money if they decide to total it. I wish they would let me know something because Ive found a pace car and this intimidator Ive provided a link for with reasonable prices but I cannot act because Im waiting on Geico!

2004 Monte Carlo SS Intimidator
Don't drop geico until you have a policy elsewhere. Geico probably won't jack up your rates because of this accident but everybody else will because you made a claim. In all the time I had geico I never got bad service. I only dropped them because they were hosing me for no good reason.

Old 02-21-2012, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by StrongTakeover
Ive talked to my mother for advice they tell me to just stay positive but its hard. she was saying maybe I can find a newer monte 06 or 07 LT or LTZ but that will force me to get a car note and its something im scared of
Getting a car note isn't all bad...that's what I did for mine. I figured I know I'm a workaholic and can make the payments, and by the time I'm finished paying, I'll have a great credit score and it'll help me buy a house someday.

Sucks to hear about your car though. I'm 20 now (almost 21) and going to college so I'm kind of in the same boat as you, and I couldn't imagine if anything happened to mine. Glad to hear you're okay though!

Old 02-22-2012, 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by wiseheak
Getting a car note isn't all bad...that's what I did for mine. I figured I know I'm a workaholic and can make the payments, and by the time I'm finished paying, I'll have a great credit score and it'll help me buy a house someday.

Sucks to hear about your car though. I'm 20 now (almost 21) and going to college so I'm kind of in the same boat as you, and I couldn't imagine if anything happened to mine. Glad to hear you're okay though!
thanx man i appreciated like I said im still waiting to see whats going to happen but i wish they would hurry up!

Old 02-22-2012, 08:55 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

My 05 is for sale if you are interested - $8000 - 93,000 miles but all highway/country road miles.

Old 02-22-2012, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by AwesomeSS
My 05 is for sale if you are interested - $8000 - 93,000 miles but all highway/country road miles.
I found out today they actually are going to total the car the next step is me finding out how much I am going to get for it then Ill go about shopping around more ill def keep it in mind though