General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

My Accident

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 01:28 AM
5 Year Member1 Year Member
Default My Accident

Well if you remember a while back I said I had a little accident. I backed into a sign at Wendy's. I was trying to back into a parking space and I have my windows tinted so I couldn't see anything and it was dark, but anyhow I smacked into a really low sign about trunk height. It made a really big dent which was later pushed out. I was then left to show a med./sm. dent that still can be seen at certain angles. I hate it, it's all I think about ... I've never had a problem backing up ever.

The autobody shop says it'll cost me $325 to fix it ...

Old 12-12-2007, 01:43 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008
Default RE: My Accident

That's about right for a repair where we live.

Old 12-12-2007, 01:47 AM

I think they're going to bondo, sand, repaint, and clear coat it ...
I drove a beater station wagon for almost a year and haven't backed into anything. The moment I get my car looking really good I go and do this what luck ...?

Old 12-12-2007, 01:52 AM

I was making a call last night and drifted into a curb.

I lightly scraped the entire outer cirumfrence of the right front rim.

I feel extremely stupid right now. I know how you are feeling.

Old 12-12-2007, 02:29 AM

Yea to make matters worse I'm still looking for work to hold me over and christmas is coming very quickly ...

Old 12-12-2007, 06:48 AM

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: Twisted_Metal

Yea to make matters worse I'm still looking for work to hold me over and christmas is coming very quickly ...
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Hi Dannie, & GP `Dave,[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I was sorry to read in your post of your mishap's [X(],[/align][align=center]but they are minor in compared to the big picture of life.[/align][align=center][/align]
"to err is human, to forgive divine"
[align=center]The verb "err" means to do something wrong; to make a mistake is "to err". "To err is human" because all people ("humans") make mistakes. "To err is human, to forgive divine" says we should try hard to forgive others because all people are human and make mistakes. [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Forgive yourself, for your error, and move on with your journey of[/align][align=center]life. Dannie, I wish you good luck on finding work.[/align][align=center]Keep a Postive Outlook on Life...[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]

Old 12-12-2007, 11:32 AM

Thanks Unkie Space, I'll try to take your words to heart.

Old 12-12-2007, 03:01 PM

ORIGINAL: SpaceRider

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: Twisted_Metal

[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Hi Dannie, & GP `Dave,[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I was sorry to read in your post of your mishap's [X(],[/align][align=center]but they are minor in compared to the big picture of life.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]"to err is human, to forgive divine"
[/align][align=center]The verb "err" means to do something wrong; to make a mistake is "to err". "To err is human" because all people ("humans") make mistakes. "To err is human, to forgive divine" says we should try hard to forgive others because all people are human and make mistakes. [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Forgive yourself, for your error, and move on with your journey of[/align][align=center]life. Dannie, I wish you good luck on finding work.[/align][align=center]Keep a Postive Outlook on Life...[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]

You always know the right things to say to cheer a person up thanks ...
I'm not sure when I'll get it fixed, but I'm hoping really soon ...

Old 12-12-2007, 06:42 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Have you tried the uncle Space dent remover method?

What was it Space? Heat the spot for like 10 seconds with a hair dryer or heat gun when use one of the keyboard airosol cans for like 3 - 4 seconds and the dent should pop out.

I may not have the complete instructions right but it's something close to that.

Old 12-12-2007, 06:51 PM

Hmmm, I dunno I never heard of that one before. I also bent my Monte Carlo Logo ... It looks like someone stabbed my car with a butterknife but didn't penetrate the metal though ...
I keep telling my car sorry everytime I see that dent I got it bad ...

Quick Reply: My Accident