Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Tint Shop Scartched My Window

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 07:38 PM

Even though I am taking Rick's side, the shop also has to watch out for themselves. If they gave hand outs everytime someone accused them of a scratch or a ding, they'd go out of business because they gave all their money away. And since he left the shop with the car and THEN brought it back, the shop does have reason to be caughtious and/or suspisious.
I agree. You couldn't imagine how many people come back saying you damaged their car- and there is no way they could really give something to every person. I'm sure they're insured- but they don't want to be filing claims left and right for every customer mentions something like that- since a lot of the time it is bogus (not saying you're lying here Rick). The only stuff that got reported through to insurance at that the places I have worked were things that were certainly caused during installation (ie amp rack mounting screw into the gas tank, someone running into the bench with the car, broken parts during dis-assembly due to improper removal methods, etc).

The other thing is, I really think you're SOL on getting any money out of them. You'd need some kind of proof that it definitely was not there just as you brought it into the shop (ie a time stamped photo outside of the shop)- and that it was definitely was there when you picked it up. Outside of that, its your word against theirs. I will say that even if you had noticed it when you picked it up- you wouldn't have been a whole lot better off since you didn't have proof that it wasn't there immediately before the car was dropped off. That's just a downside to having other people work on your car really- they don't care about it nearly as much as you do- definitely sucks to get damage on a brand new car!

Old 06-28-2011, 08:17 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I hope you get things worked out Rick.

Old 06-28-2011, 09:46 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by AwesomeSS
I hope you get things worked out Rick.
Same here. Good Luck Rick.

Old 06-28-2011, 10:28 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL

dude...i really hope you get this all sorted out.

my window has a couple scratches on the outside (from the old lady that had it before me). it doesnt bother me too bad but i notice it for sure. There really is no good way to deal with scratches in your window and that sucks.

Old 06-29-2011, 08:09 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by SpinEm_90
Yeah I guess I'm just use to how my dad handles his business
Completely understood. If you are tied to a reputible and responsible business, you like to assume others follow the same practice.

Customer service goes a LONG way. As I said, even if they stand stern they did not do the damage, they still have some wiggle room they could extend to at least help a loyal customer out (as I said, cutting a break on re-tinting the replacement glass). In a situation that can be proven who's at fault, I think an offer along those lines is pretty generous.

BUT, depending on the cost of the replacement glass, it might be best for Rick to turn this into insurance and pay the deductible.

Old 06-29-2011, 02:01 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Thanks for the continued support. I'm still waiting back for one of the other co-owners to talk to me. I'll be calling them repeatedly in a little bit.
'Space, thank you for the TintDude link.
I got a quote from Ford for her glass and it's $287.
There's not a chance in hell that I'll take my car back to them to have it re-tinted so them offering me this service isn't acceptable. Maybe I'd consider it over if they'd even just give me my full refund back for their original tint service. It's not great, but it's something.
Stay tuned...

Last edited by RickAKATed10; 06-29-2011 at 02:05 PM.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:01 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

Along the same lines as what Maniac said...

Since I started working in the service industry, I notice bad service more than used to. And have less tolerance for it.

Good Luck Rick. That sucks you have to replace the window on a brand new car like that. I would definitely be spreading the word about that tinting place.

Old 06-29-2011, 04:22 PM
Photobucket

Originally Posted by Taz
Along the same lines as what Maniac said...

Since I started working in the service industry, I notice bad service more than used to. And have less tolerance for it.

Good Luck Rick. That sucks you have to replace the window on a brand new car like that. I would definitely be spreading the word about that tinting place.
Thanks, and I plan on it. If they don't make it right, I don't have specifics, but word will spread and they're name will be out there and NOT for the better.

Old 07-01-2011, 02:49 PM
Photobucket

They won't even refund me the measly $100. Maybe the letter from the lawyer will persuade them. This place is a joke.

Nobody should ever go to
Mr. Tintz
6806 Indianapolis Blvd
Hammond, IN

Old 07-01-2011, 03:01 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

Terrible!! Sorry to hear about this Rick.

Are you getting new glass?

Quick Reply: Tint Shop Scartched My Window