Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Tint Shop Scartched My Window

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 03:12 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
Terrible!! Sorry to hear about this Rick.

Are you getting new glass?
Yeah, it's a nightmare. Terrible business practices.
I might call around and see if I can't get it "fixed."

Old 07-01-2011, 05:34 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by RickAKATed10
Yeah, it's a nightmare. Terrible business practices.
I might call around and see if I can't get it "fixed."
. let us know if there is a "fix" i got a scratch i would like fixed but was told there is nothing that can be done except replacement

Old 07-01-2011, 06:27 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

I really dislike companies that screw something up then refuse to make it right.

This won't help with getting a partial refund, but it might ease the sting a little compared to $287 for a new piece of glass:

Pro Glass Polishing Kit for Deep Scratches

A friend of mine had some deep scratches in his windshield and this stuff took them out. You can't even tell they were there. It does take a little patience and elbow grease, but it is a viable option.

Old 07-05-2011, 03:47 PM
Photobucket

Thanks for the link, it's bookmarked and it'll definitely be an option.

Old 07-05-2011, 05:41 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2011

Originally Posted by xxtheshockerxx
my window has a couple scratches on the outside (from the old lady that had it before me).
I wanna see the old lady that drives an SS. (not saying they're not out there, but it'd be a good picture )

Sorry i'm so late to this thread but that really sucks rick. On you're side of the argument,tint is something that has to "cure" and you could always say you thought it was a wrinkle and were waiting to the film to cure. (for a reason you didn't say anything before you left)

I just had my glass tinted the first week in June and had to take mine back because there were a million tiny bubbles on the passenger side and a streak of tiny bubbles on my drivers side. I was sh**tin bricks because i didn't wanna take it back and have them say they couldn't do anything about it. And this was a place that's been tinting for +20 years. Luckily they took her in on the next available day and made it right.

i think you're letter from the lawyer is a good shot...It's all talk until you (the business) realizes that splitting the cost of a new window ($140) is alot cheaper than paying a lawyer and still getting a bad rap. Good Luck!!

Old 07-05-2011, 11:24 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL

Originally Posted by Jester_20
I wanna see the old lady that drives an SS. (not saying they're not out there, but it'd be a good picture )
no joke the lady that owned it before me was 69 years old haha. she told me that it was her favorite monte out of the 9 she had owned. her reason was cus it was fast :lmao:

Old 07-06-2011, 09:42 AM
Photobucket

Originally Posted by Jester_20

Sorry i'm so late to this thread but that really sucks rick. On you're side of the argument,tint is something that has to "cure" and you could always say you thought it was a wrinkle and were waiting to the film to cure. (for a reason you didn't say anything before you left)

I just had my glass tinted the first week in June and had to take mine back because there were a million tiny bubbles on the passenger side and a streak of tiny bubbles on my drivers side. I was sh**tin bricks because i didn't wanna take it back and have them say they couldn't do anything about it. And this was a place that's been tinting for +20 years. Luckily they took her in on the next available day and made it right.

i think you're letter from the lawyer is a good shot...It's all talk until you (the business) realizes that splitting the cost of a new window ($140) is alot cheaper than paying a lawyer and still getting a bad rap. Good Luck!!
Thanks for the support. We'll see how it goes.

Old 07-06-2011, 07:27 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sorry to hijack thread. Jester wanted to see the old lady who drives an SS.
It is a clone but she wanted it that way, chrome wheels, racing stripes and all. She is 65 and has had 4 at least.

Old 07-07-2011, 09:34 AM
Photobucket

Well here's the evidence...

Ugh.

Old 07-07-2011, 09:54 AM

Wow, that is really scratched.

I am not sure how the tint shop could have done that much scratching. Are you certain that it isn't vandalism? Either way it sucks, especially on a brand new Stanger.

Quick Reply: Tint Shop Scartched My Window