Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

I'm loosing faith on Humanity

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 04:32 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Montecarloguy07
I got one worse then that......http://www.aolhealth.com/2010/10/13/...dult-neighbor/ check that out and tell me you dont want to beat these people to death in short they are bulling a 7 year old girl dying of huntingtons. Sending pics to her of her dead mother(who died of the same thing) being held by the grim reaper and pasting her face with cross bones under it....SICK
Thats just HORRIBLE!!! Some sick deranged people in this world!

Old 10-25-2010, 05:58 PM

Now that I got my silly play on words out, Ill defend the other side for real.

!. Michigan christian lady- Your religion does not exclude you from the rules. If you want to hire someone, rent a apartment, get a roommate, anything like that, you must accept applications from all races, creeds and religions. It is the right thing to do. If jesus wanted a roommate, would he have so exclusionary?

2. Bad neighbors- The first amendment was put in place specifically to protect unpopular speech. Are these people ignorant with a sociopathic disregard for the rights of others? Of course. However, wishing death upon another is no less wrong.

Old 10-26-2010, 03:35 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

First of all let me say that all of us in Michigan are not nuts. Now it seems like another case of a bunch of do gooders(fair housing center) sticking there nose where it don't belong. She posted it AT HER CHURCH, where other christians go. Next let me raise this question what if her ad said Female roommate wanted than she just excluded all men. Is she being discriminatory. This is the stupidest thing I've heard in a long time and I'm sure these people are costing us taxpayers millions each year.

Old 10-26-2010, 04:39 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

Originally Posted by lougreen03
First of all let me say that all of us in Michigan are not nuts. Now it seems like another case of a bunch of do gooders(fair housing center) sticking there nose where it don't belong. She posted it AT HER CHURCH, where other christians go. Next let me raise this question what if her ad said Female roommate wanted than she just excluded all men. Is she being discriminatory. This is the stupidest thing I've heard in a long time and I'm sure these people are costing us taxpayers millions each year.
But that's how are "LEGAL" system works. It's run by leaches, I mean lawyers, and everyone is out to make a buck any way they can. Also, the extreme cases help define the laws better. I'm not saying that she should accept anyone as a room mate, and in fact I believe the opposite. But ESPECIALLY a ROOMMATE, she should be able to pick anyone she so please to live with.

This will be interesting to see how it turns out. I'm guessing she wins here, as her choice affects her life directly, everyday.

My wife wants to get here law degree. She has a masters in social work now. This kind of crap is WHY she wants to get her law degree.....to PROTECT the rights of the elderly in particular. She is all ready well respected in the State for her work against elderly abuse. Sometimes things aren't all about money. But then again.....sometimes it's just about squeezing blood from a turnip.

Old 10-26-2010, 06:23 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm no Christian, but I don't see how this could be offensive. Why would I not want to know up front that this is a Christian home? Saves everybody time. This is dumb

Old 10-26-2010, 07:17 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

I was chatting with a friend of mine who's family has been renting property for YEARS. He said the problem in this case is that the law does not make a different distinction for "roommate". From the legal perspective (at least in our area), a roommate situation is no different then renting a house or apartment, as the person looking for a roommate is in essence, the Land Lord, and as such, has to follow the same rules of any other rental situation.

Now, that being said, both of us agree, this issue is crappy. And checked and found a follow up article that basically identified "She can't state looking for a 'Christian', but when she interviews for the roommate, she and silently use that as a criteria". Now how crazy is that!!

What really needs done is for the legal system to recognize "roommate" as a different situation then other housing rental arrangements (more like a job posting, as if a potential employer wants a skill I don't have, I have no ability to complain unfair employment, this should be similiar).

Old 10-26-2010, 07:40 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Stupid situation.

Old 10-26-2010, 12:33 PM
rj
15 Year Member

I AGREE!!!

There should have NEVER been any issue with this Christian woman wanting a Christian room mate. GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!

First of all let me say that all of us in Michigan are not nuts.
You realize I don't hold your viewpoint.
Debbie's from a small town/village called: Temperance.

Old 10-26-2010, 02:47 PM

Humanity is Overrated!

Old 12-03-2010, 09:04 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

I rest my case with the MOTM calender.