Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Any Gun Owners? Concealed Carry?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 07:27 AM
Angry

The problem here in New York, in my mind, is that each County has been given the permission to come up with their own "standards", etc., that each resident/citizen must meet in order to at least get "considered".

Here in Onondaga County, & with the City of Syracuse, to get a carry, let alone a concealed carry, is next to impossible.

Being permitted a premise permit is nearly 50/50 in this F#%#@!G county.

"You" are asked for "reasons" why you need a carry or why you need a concealed carry ... & using the fact that it is a right is most usually the quickest way to be denied on the spot.

If you can prove you are a frequent hunter ... years of expired licenses, etc., you have a better chance - I do not hunt.

If you need it for work - ie: armed security or armored car guard folks get them pretty much on the spot, but the ONLY get carry, not concealed, unless they can show a reason why.

There is a type of permit, like hunting, that allows people to transport, in a locked box, usually torn down, & with ammunition in a different location, to target practice &/or competitions, but if you cannot prove that you are in a "Rod & Gun Club" or will go to the range on any regular basis, you will get denied on the spot.

Add to that, the hundreds of non-refundable dollars Onondaga County rapes from us just for applying & each of us having to pay for our OWN background check, fingerprinting, mugshot, etc., is ridiculous. They only check that is not written to the county is for the handgun safety course, but the county steers you to which of two courses are approved by them, so, DUH!, they are getting something on the back-end with those referrals.

To close this, all I can picture is standing in front of "The maaannn", & being told I qualify for a premise, but he/she has zero reason to permit me carry, etc., that I would flip & wind up in the clink, then likely never to have the oppty. again.

Nonetheless, I am going to have to go through the process in the near future because Pop is getting older & has a few nice, semi-vintage pieces that I will be damned if I will turn over to the police his pistols when the day comes he passes ... So I need to get permitted & get them on said permit ...

Blah, blah, blah ...

Old 01-27-2012, 07:33 AM
Talking

Though when the times arrives, I will be running out & grabbing one of these toys for me ...

.40 cal. subcompact ... P2000 SK - Heckler & Koch - USA

Old 01-27-2012, 08:07 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Wow thats rough in NY. I like that P2000Sk, very nice. The Glock 23 is also a nice small 40.

Old 01-27-2012, 08:18 AM

Hi `Alex,
It's great that you found the gun that you wanted.
I hope that you never have to use it to defend yourself or others, and that it just gives you peace of mind that you have a device to protect yourself & those you love.

Wish you a safe/happy `life 4-Sure

Oh `No, a Space Alien invasion...Shoot him...Shoot him again..

Old 01-27-2012, 09:42 AM

@Nocturnx: If I "moved" two counties away, ... to where a ton of my kin are ... & "set-up" residence at one of their addresses there for 6 months, & applied then to that county, I would get a concealed almost given to me.

Friggin' Onondaga County & City of Syracuse bull$h!t.

*** There was a period of nearly 7 years that the sitting judge here in Onondaga County did NOT hand out ONE carry permit unless it was job-related, or other major extenuating circumstances, like you knew him, or someone else in gov't. He has been unseated ... due to some not-nice things he was doing from the bench, & away from the bench.

(Can we get a jail icon?)

Old 01-28-2012, 05:05 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Saw this over at the Bronco forum and thought I'd share. I give you guys a hard time, but those Bronco guys are hardcore armed & dangerous and never stop talking about guns.
Anyways:

Old 01-28-2012, 06:36 PM

Haha nice, that's making its rounds on Facebook too.

Old 01-28-2012, 09:41 PM

Sounds like 'Penthouse Letters' for gun guys to me.