Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Any Gun Owners? Concealed Carry?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 03:14 PM

IWB holster if I'm wearing my old fatigues, ankle holster when I'm wearing jeans. If I'm wearing my sweatshirt, I'm more apt to wear my more traditional holster since it covers it up pretty well.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:56 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I went to a fairly large gun shop by my parents place the other day and they only had two CZ's. A P-07 and a 85, so I guess CZ's are hard to come by. I'm going to check out 2 local gun shops today, hopefully I will have better luck. I was also thinking of looking at the Kahr K9, although pricier.

CZ P-01 with cocobola grips

Kahr K9

Last edited by Nocturnx; 01-16-2012 at 09:59 AM.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:07 AM

Ruger SR9c is nice. I'm not sure how I feel about polymer guns though, I never cared for the glocks. What is the model of your Ruger Blazed? I need to try shooting one of these.

Last edited by Nocturnx; 01-16-2012 at 10:15 AM.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Nocturnx
Ruger SR9c is nice. I'm not sure how I feel about polymer guns though, I never cared for the glocks.
Why no love for the plastic fantastic? Plenty strong enough for the lower, and you save weight. Every ounce counts when you gotta carry it every day. My 15-22 is all polymer, and it weighs half what a 22 converted steel AR does.

Old 01-16-2012, 01:54 PM

Haha poly guns are very nice, strong and light weight. I have nothing against them. It's purely aesthetic for me, I love steel and wood grips. I just don't care for the plastic look, but that Ruger is really swaying me.

Old 01-17-2012, 07:27 AM

Well I couldn't find a CZ P-01 anywhere and I asked at one of the shops if they would do a transfer but he said they would only do a transfer if it was a rare or discontinued gun. Then he said he could order it for me but wanted $590 + tax. Which would end up being probably $100 more than what I could get it for online. So it looks like I'm going to have to get one online and stuck looking for someone local that will do a transfer. I'm going to have to call around.

They had a Ruger SR9c there, but I've been reading a lot about the light strike issues with the Ruger SR9 series so I think I'm going to cross that one off.

Old 01-17-2012, 08:07 AM

Well I couldn't find a CZ P-01 anywhere and I asked at one of the shops if they would do a transfer but he said they would only do a transfer if it was a rare or discontinued gun. Then he said he could order it for me but wanted $590 + tax. Which would end up being probably $100 more than what I could get it for online. So it looks like I'm going to have to get one online and stuck looking for someone local that will do a transfer. I'm going to have to call around.

They had a Ruger SR9c there, but I've been reading a lot about the light strike issues with the Ruger SR9 series so I think I'm going to cross that one off.
You should be able to find someone to do transfers. I charge 20.00 do them here.

Here is a link to gunbroker to search for local dealers. I saw a bunch in Ohio that charge 20.00. Just search by your zip code.

http://www.gunbroker.com/FFL/DealerNetwork.aspx

Last edited by Teacher; 01-17-2012 at 08:11 AM.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:10 AM

Gun shops never want to do transfers on items they can get. Go to a pawn shop that sells guns. They will be more than happy to help.

Old 01-26-2012, 09:02 AM

Well I looked up a local guy from the FFL list on Gunbroker using the link you posted Teacher. He turned out to be a County Deputy Sheriff and was able to get me a great deal on the CZ. Very nice guy and I'd highly recommend him to anyone in the Cleveland area. It's in the closet next to my Mauser now but I ordered a nightstand gun safe I'll be keeping it in. Also ordered some cocobola wood grips half checkered

Old 01-26-2012, 09:06 PM

Very cool, enjoy.

Quick Reply: Any Gun Owners? Concealed Carry?