Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Any Gun Owners? Concealed Carry?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 08:02 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Any Gun Owners? Concealed Carry?

I've been thinking about purchasing a handgun for home protection/self defense and possibly getting a concealed carry license. Anyone here conceal carry? What do you have?

I saw the Gun Collection thread but I'm wondering what people specifically conceal carry. I'm curious if it is difficult to conceal carry a full-size handgun and if a compact is necessary?

Last edited by Nocturnx; 01-10-2012 at 08:05 AM.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:09 AM

I've had my permit for quite a while and my primary carry weapon is a Smith & Wesson M&P Compact .40. I also have a full size S&W Sigma but I don't carry it all that often because of its size and difficulty to conceal. I really like both weapons and neither have ever jammed on me. The M&P groups extremely tightly for being a compact, as tight, in fact, as most full size pistols I've fired.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:15 AM

Hi `Alex,
We have several member's that are in2 guns...Member Teacher `Todd is a weapons dealer. You may want to PM him.
I have a browning 9mm that my grandfather gave me. We both have our CCW license. We use to go out all the time & fire growing `up...I don't carry that often, only when I know that I have to travel in high crime area's...

Personally, I wish we did not need weapons for protection, but in reality I think every person has to `do what's best for them in the environment that they are living/residing..

It will be interesting to see the posts in your thread..
My suggestion is that if you are going to carry a weapon, get the best & most training that you can There are some sad consequences `if a person misuses the right to bear arms..

Plus the mental consequences `if you have to shoot & kill another human being (Even in Self Defense)..+ the legal cost to defend your use of your weapon.!!!!!

Please do your research & homework....Good Luck

*Note: To me every vehicle on the Road is a Weapon `if misused 4-Sure

Old 01-10-2012, 08:32 AM

There was a shooting last night at an apartment complex on the opposite side of campus from me. Armed robbery also happens from time to time. Everytime something like that happens it reminds me of why I exercise my right to bear arms in the first place, and it pushes me to train even harder. At this point, a typical training session for me is more rigorous and demanding than what we usually do in the Army (although Army FMs do provide the basis for most of it, I just take it a step further). I don't get to do it as often as I'd like due to the cost of ammunition, but I've done it so much in the past that it's muscle memory for me. As a result, I feel like I can survive almost any situation I find myself in short of IEDs because everything I would have to do is so ingrained in me. Muscle memory is such a powerful thing and, when correct tactics and movements make it up, will allow you to properly react and greatly increase your chances of survival should you find yourself in a life or death situation.

Old 01-10-2012, 09:09 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Ive got a conceal & carry permit but dont have a compact pistol to carry i mainly got it so i wouldnt have any issues with carrying in my car, but id like to get a small compact pistol

Old 01-10-2012, 09:33 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

i have a conceal & carry permit and i carry a Ruger KP345 45acp

I tend to only carry it when I am leaving town .I work from home and it is all ways with me here just no need to conceal it LOL

Old 01-10-2012, 09:47 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

03JGMonte - I think that is what I will mostly do. I don't plan on carrying on my person, rarely, but would like to keep a loaded gun in my car.

I've wanted to get a CZ75b for a long time and recently I've been eyeing a CZ SP-01. The CZ P-01 is the compact version. There's a gunshow on the 21-22nd so I'll go try holding a few different things to get a feel for whats comfortable. I've been told 9mm is a good choice since the ammo is cheap-er and they have less recoil but still a decent calibur.

Old 01-10-2012, 09:59 AM

IT HERTZ
5 Year Member

there is nothing wrong with a 9mm and I suggest defiantly checking out the gun before you buy it is all about the handshake with the gun. I will say when you do get the gun what every you do get take it out to a range and practice with it as much as you can and keep practicing I personally think the person that has a gun and don't get out and practice is a very dangerous person.

Old 01-10-2012, 10:35 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2012
1 Year Member

Ahh, how I love my guns. I have a Heckler and Koch .45 compact, Stainless. Love it the most.

and my Smith and Wesson .9mm

I also have one that is in a condensed book in my shelf. Cutest little think you ever saw.. lol

I can't carry yet because I am only 19, but soon I will be able to. Looking forward to that because I volunteer for the Mounted police and I can't officially be in the unit until I have that.. grr.

Old 01-10-2012, 10:43 AM

IT HERTZ
5 Year Member

nice guns !!

Quick Reply: Any Gun Owners? Concealed Carry?