NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

~ Update Dale Jr. ~

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 12:00 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: ~ Update Little `E - Dale Jr. ~

[center]10 Questions: Dale Jr.
By Dave Rodman& MCF Reporter `Space, NASCAR.COM
July 3, 2007
11:03 AM EDT

1. What non-racing event are you most looking forward to attending with Rick Hendrick?
Dale Earnhardt Jr.: Non-racing? What other events are there? You mean there's other stuff outside of racing? OK.
Let me think on this one. Man, I don't know [because] I don't do anything besides race.
Maybe it'd be a Redskins football game or something, because I'm a huge Redskins fan.
I tell you one thing I am looking forward to. I'm looking forward to my first Hendrick [Motorsports] Christmas party. I haven't heard anything about 'em -- I'm just looking forward to going.
2. Your dog Killer's about to enter young adulthood, so what do you feel is his biggest challenge?
Earnhardt: Yeah, he's 3. He's gotten way better at the accidents, which was his last challenge. But his biggest challenge now is that every time I let him out of the house, he runs to my sister's house.
She [Kelley] lives about 300 yards up the driveway. And he goes up there to play with her dogs and it pisses me off 'cause I want him to just go out, use the bathroom and come back inside.
But he wants to go up there, and the next time I see him he's full of mud and other smelly things -- he's got crap all over him and it's a pain in the butt having to keep him clean.
If you let him out and expect him to come on back on his own, no -- that ain't happening. I've got to stand out there with him and holler at him every time he starts heading in that direction.
He's like a horse that knows where the barn is.
3. What home entertainment accessory do you not have, that you feel you must have?
Earnhardt: I'm not without anything right now. As far as everything goes, I've got it all covered.
I've always been attracted to electronics, and home stereos and things of that nature. The fun thing is going to be seeing the next thing they come out with.
I thought my 61-inch TV was pretty big -- but not after I saw that 70-inch that Sony had out here. So I'm going to go for the 70. I'm going to actually try to get something bigger than that, even if I have to remodel my living room.
The one thing that I don't have is a projector so I can put a sheet in a tree -- you know, hang a sheet up in a tree and watch things outside, out at the pool and stuff.
It would be kind of cool to have a projector so you can watch TV while you're out swimming in the pool.
4. If you had time to waste, how would you waste it?
Earnhardt: If I had time to waste, I would rent a house on the shores of South Carolina -- somewhere around Charleston -- that had a front or a back porch, one or the other, facing the beach.
And I would drink cold beer for about four days on that porch. That takes care of what I would do with a week's vacation, too.
Page 1[/align]Page 2[/align]5. If you could have any one you wanted, which vintage Chevrolet would you most want to own -- and would it be more stock, or hopped up?
Earnhardt: Vintage, eh? It'd be a Nomad. About a '55 Nomad, chrome from one end to the other underneath everything, orange and white.

[/align][/align]I like the Nomad because of the room inside. The Nomad can look real good if you paint it up right -- orange and white, with chrome from the front to the back, underneath the hood and the under-carriage and everything -- all chrome-plated.
[b]It doesn't

Old 07-14-2007, 07:25 AM

No `Bud for Dale `Jr next season : (
Now he will just have to Smok'em : )
I heard on the news this morning that Bud may go with Kasey K.
The beverage on Dale Jr car may be a Pepsi Product ?
Go `Dale : )

Old 07-14-2007, 08:11 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

you know what i like about this is that all the people that have the bud tattoo's and the 8 with them, i think thats all going to be changing....well obviously bud now, but i still can't see hendrick getting the 8.

any guesses on what sponsor he will have????

wont be pepsi (solely) i dont think, because thats gordon's car for a few races of the year, i venture @ lays or gaterade

Old 07-14-2007, 10:47 AM

[align=center][/align][align=center]Click below link to Read about Dale `Jr[/align][align=center]and Budweiser[/align][align=center]http://www.autoracingdaily.com/article/budweiser_will_not_sponsor_dale_earnhardt_jr_at_he ndrick_motorsports_next_[/align]

Old 07-14-2007, 12:36 PM

It would be cool to see Kyle get the Bud them it would be a shootout between him and his brother for best beer. I am a marketing GOD [:-]

Old 07-14-2007, 01:29 PM

ORIGINAL: LnLSS06

It would be cool to see Kyle get the Bud them it would be a shootout between him and his brother for best beer. I am a marketing GOD [:-]
[sm=icon_cheers.gif]
I'll drink to that : )
The battle of the Beer's
[sm=icon_cheers.gif]
Didn't beer get one of the brother's in trouble ?
Sometimes, I think they drive on the ,like they have
been drinking : )

Old 07-14-2007, 02:31 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

i might even be kellogs he drives for, after reading the stuff on nascar.com

Old 07-26-2007, 08:54 AM
Default RE: ~ Update Dale Jr. #8 ~

Dale Earnhardt Inc., Ginn Racing complete merger
15 car to receive 14's owner points, 13 car eliminated
By David Caraviello, NASCAR.COM
July 25, 2007
01:57 PM EDT

A little more than two months ago, fledgling but ambitious Nextel Cup team owner Bobby Ginn made a public play to add driver Dale Earnhardt Jr. On Wednesday, Earnhardt Jr.'s organization added Ginn.
Dale Earnhardt Inc. absorbed Ginn Racing, creating a four-car operation that will compete under the DEI banner this weekend at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Effective immediately, DEI drivers Earnhardt Jr. and Martin Truex Jr. will be joined by Mark Martin and Aric Almirola, who will split the remainder of this year in the No. 01 car. DEI driver Paul Menard will inherit the owner points of former Ginn driver Sterling Marlin, whose car was inside the top 35, while the No. 13 formerly piloted by Ginn driver Joe Nemechek will be eliminated.

[/align][/align]

Army of one
The No. 01 U.S. Army car will be the only one of three Ginn Racing started out with this season on the track this weekend at Indy, following a restructuring of the team.
[ul][*][align=center]Complete story, click here[/align][*][align=center]Garage Pass: Spin on Ginn[/align][/ul][center][/align][/align][/align][/align]"This merger is great for both companies," DEI president Max Siegel said in a statement. "Our stated goals included an expansion to four cars as quickly as possible and, in order to do that, we had to acquire more shop space. This relationship with Bobby Ginn and his company allows us to accomplish both, which makes this a perfect transaction."
The team will operate from both the DEI shop in Mooresville, N.C., and the 180,000-square-foot-facility housing the Ginn organization. The two buildings are less than five miles apart. DEI will also acquire Ginn's seven-post machine. John Story, DEI's vice president of motorsports operations, will oversee the expansion efforts.
"The combined resources of the companies are tremendous," Story said. "Ginn Racing just completed the installation of a seven-post rig. With our recently formed R&D team, as well as the combined efforts of two strong engineering programs, we will be able to accelerate our learning curve. Both companies have many smart and talented people. All of our teams will undoubtedly become stronger."
Regan Smith[b], who had been splitting the No. 01 with Martin, was scheduled to move into the No. 14 car full-time beginning this week. Instead, he will compete in a Craftsman Truck Series race at O'Reilly Raceway Park. The full schedules for Smith, Martin and Almirola will be determ

Old 08-10-2007, 07:23 AM

[align=center][/align][align=center]

Dale Jr. featured in Nickelback video [/align][align=center]

Written by Administrator

Thursday, 09 August 2007

Earnhardt Jr. Featured in New Music Video for Multi-Platinum Artist Nickelback
Racer one of many celebrities claiming “I wanna be a rock star”

MOORESVILLE, N.C. – Dale Earnhardt Jr. wants to be a rock star. The notion is by no means a stretch, as his high-profile sponsors, record-setting merchandise sales, and cross-over appeal often labels him NASCAR’s own “rock star”.

That image, coupled with his well-documented appreciation for music, made Earnhardt Jr. a perfect fit to be among celebrities featured in the new music video “Rockstar” for multi-platinum rock group Nickelback. The video debuted last week and is now available on MTV.com.

This marks Earnhardt Jr.’s eighth music video and first since making a cameo appearance in Jay-Z’s heavily anticipated hip-hop single, “Show Me What You Got” in 2006. Earnhardt Jr. also has been featured in videos for artists Three Doors Down, Staind, Sheryl Crow, Trace Adkins, O.A.R., and the Matthew Good Band.

“It’s always cool to be in videos for big-time music artists, because it allows us to branch out and reach a whole group of people we might not reach through racing,” Earnhardt Jr. said. “I really like Chad Kroeger and the guys from Nickelback. I met them in Richmond a few years ago. They were really cool then, and it was an honor to be asked to be in their latest video.”

The concept of Nickelback’s “Rockstar” video encapsulates the every-day aspirations of being a part of the rock star world. It includes a wide mix of people from all walks of life intertwined with famous actors, musicians, and athletes in their own respective environments lip-syncing the lyrics to the song. Earnhardt Jr. appears four times in the video, either sitting near the pumps of a vintage gas station or around wrecked body shells of previously raced cars. Other celebrities appearing in the video include rapper/musician Kid Rock, hockey great Wayne Gretzky, Gene Simmons of Kiss, Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top, UFC fighter Chuck Liddell, pro basketball player Grant Hill, musician Ted Nugent, and Playboy’s Holly Madison, Bridget Marquardt and Kendra Wilkinson from the E! Television series “Girls Next Door”.

“Rockstar” was part of the multi-platinum selling album “All The Right Reasons” (Roadrunner Records), which debuted at #1 on the Billboard Top 200 in October 2005. Other hit singles on the album include “Photograph”, “Savin’ Me”, and “If Everyone Cared”. The album won the Billboard Music Award for Rock Album of the Year, one of three Billboard Music Awards won by Nickelback last year.
CREDIT: JR MOTORSPORTS
[/align]

Old 08-10-2007, 07:45 AM

[align=center][/align]
Earnhardt Jr. wants to salvage final season with DEI
[align=center][/align]
By Keith Groller
The Morning Call
August 09, 2007
[*][align=center]Original The Morning Call article: Earnhardt Jr. wants to salvage final season with DEI[/align][ul][/ul][align=center][/align][align=center]Read all 4 comments » [/align][align=center]Dale Earnhardt, Jr., has been at the epicenter of NASCAR's biggest story of 2007.
But it has been an off-track story only.
With the Nextel Cup series blazing toward the 'Chase for the Cup,' Earnhardt would like to give people something to talk about other than his controversial departure from his late father's company, DEI, to Hendrick Motorsports.
He'd like to shake the racing demons that have plagued his season and tucked him in 12th place in the point standings and on the verge of not making 'The Chase.'
And, he'd like the turnaround to start today in the Pennsylvania 500 at Pocono Raceway.
Earnhardt's weekend got off to a good start on Friday when he captured the pole for today's race, the 60th NASCAR Nextel Cup race ever at Pocono.
It's his first pole in nearly five years, and it, for one day, changed the Dale, Jr., dialogue. Until now, all the talk was about 2008.
'We've had a lot of bad luck this year, and more bad luck than we normally have,' he said. 'I'm a little frustrated. But I still feel like we'll make 'The Chase' with ease because we're such a good team. If we don't make it, I'll be the most surprised person.'
The surprise so far has been Earnhardt's failures.
In 20 previous races this season, Earnhardt has managed just three top-five finishes and seven top-10s for an average finish of 17th.
He led last week's Brickyard 400 at Indy for 33 laps, but wound up 34th after a blown engine.
Some may be wondering if the transition to a new team has caused a distraction and downturn in performance.
Earnhardt spent time at Hendrick Motorsports during the past week to start preparing for next season, but Junior made it clear that he has not given up on 2007 just yet.
'I'm not going to be wandering around Rick's [Hendrick's] place every day of the week,' Earnhardt said before Friday's qualifying. 'We roamed around the offices a little bit, but I've got business to take care of here and I'm focusing on my No. 8 car. There's plenty of time to worry about the transition and the planning for next year. I've got to stay focused on trying to run every lap I can run here and be fast.
'There may be a rush behind the scenes for sponsors and numbers and yada, yada, yada. But for me, as a driver, I can wait for the offseason. I've got my team's integrity on the line right here. It's not a distraction. I've got control of it.'
But out of his control have been some poor finishes.
[b]'We're definitely better than a 12th-place team and we've run better

Quick Reply: ~ Update Dale Jr. ~