NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

~ Update Dale Jr. ~

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 05:29 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: ~ Update Dale Jr. #8 ~

[align=center][/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]Member's, click on the below link, and once connected, click enter.[/align][align=center]Oh, Turn `Up your Speaker's [8D]It's a Awesome Web Site [&:][/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]http://www.dalejr.com/[/align]

Old 12-14-2007, 07:46 AM

Dale `Jr

[align=center]Written by Administrator & Posted by MCF `Space
[/align][align=center]Dec 14, 2007 [/align]
[:-]
[align=center]Johnson’s second NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series championship voted second
[/align]
[align=center]DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (Dec. 5, 2007) – In a year that was not short on storylines, Dale Earnhardt Jr. announcing that he was leaving Dale Earnhardt Inc. (DEI) at the end of the season and subsequently announcing he would be racing for Hendrick Motorsports in 2008 was voted the sport’s top story for 2007 by members of the media. Earnhardt Jr. announced in May his intentions to leave the team that his father had built at season’s end and a month later signed with Hendrick Motorsports.

[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Hi MCF Member's, Wish me luck in 08 : ) [/align][align=center]Members of the media ranked the top highlights of the 2007 NASCAR season on NASCARMedia.com. A total of 141 votes were cast online between Nov. 26 and Dec. 4. Each highlight received 10 points for a first-place vote, nine points for a second-place vote, eight points for a third-place vote, etc. down to one point for 10th.

Earnhardt’s announcements garnered 64 first-place votes and finished with 1,243 points. Jimmie Johnson winning his second consecutive NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series championship earned 16 first-place votes and finished second with 1,028 points. Johnson became the first repeat champion in the series since Jeff Gordon successfully defended his championship in 1998.

Gordon passing Dale Earnhardt on the all-time wins list was voted the third top highlight of the year. The four-time champion picked up career wins number 76 and 77 at Phoenix International Raceway and Talladega Superspeedway, respectively, to move into sixth place all-time.

The close finishes at Daytona International Speedway were named the fourth top moment in 2007. The combined Margin of Victory in Kevin Harvick’s thrilling Daytona 500 victory over Mark Martin (.020 seconds) and Jamie McMurray’s Pepsi 400 win over Kyle Busch (.005 seconds) was only 0.025 seconds.

The introduction of the Car of Tomorrow at Bristol Motor Speedway was voted the fifth top story. The new car was the culmination of a seven-year research and development process by NASCAR and it raced 16 times in 2007. The car will race fulltime in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series beginning next season.

The rest of the top 10 highlights of 2007, according to the media, are: Juan Pablo Montoya becoming the first Hispanic driver to win a race in NASCAR’s top two series, Clint Bowyer winning his first career race as the No. 12 seed in the Chase for the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup, Johnson outdueling Matt Kenseth for the win in the closing laps of the Dickies 500 at Texas Motor Speedway, the thrilling finish in NASCAR’s first-ever national series race in Canada and Ron Hornaday Jr. becoming the second driver in NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series history to win three championships.
[/align][align=center]CREDIT: NASCAR PR [/align]

Old 12-14-2007, 08:59 AM

[align=center][/align][align=center]Thanks to all the Monte Carlo Forum Member's[/align][align=center]that supported me in 2007.[/align][align=center]I look forward to 2008 with Henrick's Power.[/align][align=center]Go Fast/be Safe,[/align][align=center]Little `E[/align]

Old 01-06-2008, 11:28 PM

I so wanna get my Monte signed by Dale Jr. Hope he does good this year

Old 01-11-2008, 05:44 AM

[align=center]

[align=center]Jr. @ Daytona 1 week early
[/align][/align][align=center][align=center]Jan 07, 2008 at 10:01 PM [/align]
[align=center]In The House: Dale Earnhardt Jr. Supports Teammates … He won’t hit Daytona’s high banks until next week, when NASCAR Sprint Cup teams that were in even-number positions in the car owner standings as of July 17, 2007, will test Jan. 14-16, but Dale Earnhardt Jr. (No. 88 Mountain Dew AMP/National Guard Chevrolet) roamed the garage Monday in support of Gordon, Johnson and Casey Mears (No. 5 Kellogg’s/CARQUEST Chevrolet).

The 2008 season will be Earnhardt’s first at Hendrick Motorsports, following a highly-publicized move from Dale Earnhardt Inc.

“Most drivers, if they're not here testing, they don't want to be here,” Gordon said. “So I was surprised. I think it says a lot. And it's smart, you know, on his part. So I'm really proud of him for doing that because he's going to be here without his teammates next week.”

“For him to come down, show the team how committed he is to being up front, and how committed he is to winning races and championships, says a lot,” Johnson said. “It says a lot to the team, his teammates, to the team members and I think to the racing public, that he's down here, ready to go and ready to get after it.”
[/align][align=center]CREDIT: NASCAR PR[/align][/align]

Old 01-16-2008, 02:21 PM
Default RE: ~ Update Dale Jr. ~

Eury/Dale Jr. testing the 88

Written by Administrator & Posted by MCF `Space : )

Jan 15, 2008 at 09:24 PM

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (Jan. 15, 2008) – Tony Eury Jr. said he could hardly wait for this week to get here.

Following his early exit from Dale Earnhardt Inc. last season, Eury says he was especially eager to get started on his new venture as crew chief for the No. 88 Mountain Dew AMP/National Guard Chevrolet with Dale Earnhardt Jr. at Hendrick Motorsports.

“It’s good to be back at the track and working on these cars and being around these guys,” said Eury during Tuesday’s lunch break at Daytona International Speedway. “The guys are getting pumped up. That’s what this week is about – getting the atmosphere of your team and getting them in the right frame of mind.”

For Eury that means putting those long hours since the close of the 2007 season to good use.

“It’s been full bore to make sure everything’s in line,” Eury said. “We’ve got one shot at this 500 and you’ve got to start the first weekend of December to make that happen.”

This year’s Daytona 500 takes on added significance. Not only is it the 50th running of “The Great American Race,” it’s the first for Earnhardt and Eury with a new race team. Earnhardt also parted ways with DEI following the 2007 season and begins his first season with Hendrick Motorsports.

NASCAR Preseason Thunder, which begins the lead-up to the 50th running of the Daytona 500 on Feb. 17, is the first superspeedway test for Earnhardt with his new team.

“It’s been pretty nice to be able to concentrate on the things that are important right now – testing and working and getting to know the guys,” Earnhardt said Tuesday during a visit to the infield media center at Daytona International Speedway. “I’ve got a really good owner that makes me feel comfortable and so that eases a lot of other pressures – talking to him and listening to his thoughts on what we’re doing. It takes away some pressure from that side of it.

“But I don’t know the guys that well yet, so I’m just nervous in getting to know them and hoping they like me and like the kind of driver I am, and they’re happy to have me as their driver.”

Both Earnhardt and Hendrick Motorsports have plenty of success at the Daytona 500. The two have combined to win three of the last 500’s, with Earnhardt’s victory in 2004, while driving for DEI, followed by Jeff Gordon (No. 24 DuPont Chevrolet) in 2005 and Jimmie Johnson (No. 48 Lowe’s Chevrolet) in 2006 posting back-to-back wins for Hendrick. Since Earnhardt’s first Daytona 500 in 2000, he has a win, three top fives and four top 10s. In that same time span, Hendrick drivers have two wins to go along with five top fives and 10 top 10s.

“It’s a special race and it carries a lot of weight with me,” Earnhardt said. “I feel very strong about it and very dedicated to it and dedicated to winning it every time I show up. I think I’ve got a great shot and I know what I need to do to get the job done.”

The offseason officially ended Monday morning for Earnhardt as he took to the track for the second week of testing for NASCAR Sprint Cup Series teams at Daytona International Speedway. Those that were in the even-number position in the car owner standings as of July 17, 2007, will test through Wednesday, January 16. Odd-number position cars tested last week.
[center][b]With all the new things to get used to at Hendrick, one familiar face will be Eury. The two worked together at DEI and Eury won a pair of Daytona 500s with Michael Waltrip (No. 55 NAPA Auto Parts Toyota). Knowing what needs to be done in the new venture, Eury’s offseaso

Old 01-16-2008, 02:30 PM

Can we just close and forget this thread forever. Please

Old 01-25-2008, 07:32 AM

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: LnLSS06

Can we just close and forget this thread forever. Please
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]LOL ~ LOL[/align][align=center]Hi JR,why closethis thread, no one is making[/align][align=center]you click `it...are they ?[/align][align=center](Whose in charge of your clicker ? ),I know thatyou don't like [/align][align=center]Dale `Jr, but[/align][align=center]several members do. Just don't click....Peace[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]Oh, I thought you may want to watch Dale Jr (j/k) on his[/align][align=center]new ESPN Program : )[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]

Dale Jr. is "Shifting Gears"

[:-][/align][align=center]Written by Administrator posted by MCF `SpaceKid [/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]Jan 24, 2008 at 05:03 PM [/align][align=center]
[:-][/align][align=center]FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
JANUARY 24, 2008

New Series Dale Jr. –
Shifting Gears on ESPN Goes Behind Scenes with Dale Earnhardt Jr.

NASCAR star Dale Earnhardt Jr. is the focus of a new television series on ESPN, Dale Jr. – Shifting Gears, premiering prior to next month’s opening of the 2008 NASCAR season. The five-part series chronicles Earnhardt’s move from Dale Earnhardt Inc., the team founded by his father, to Hendrick Motorsports, in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series.

The first episode airs Friday, Feb. 8, at 7 p.m. ET on ESPN2. The series provides viewers with a behind-the-scenes look at the personal, corporate and competitive ramifications involved with the
[b]five-time NASCAR Most Popular Driver award recipient changing teams. Dale Jr. – Shifting Gears is produced by Earnhardt Jr.’s Hammerhead Entertainment, a division of JR Motorsports, in cooperation with Hendrick Motorsports and is presented by the National Guard.

The new program is part of an exclusive, multimedia agreement between ESPN and Hammerhead Entertainment.

“We were working on a new DVD about my life and the guys kept getting more and more footage, so they decided to put a whole TV show together to document the biggest career decision I’ve ever made,” Earnhardt Jr. said. “The past year of my life has been a roller coaster, and it’s pretty cool that we’re giving everyone an inside look at how everything came together.”

Three of the five episodes of Shifting Gears air on ESPN2 in the nine days prior to the Daytona 500, including following ESPN2Â’s live coverage of NASCAR Nationwide Series qualifying on Friday, Feb. 15, and the NASCAR Nationwide Series Camping World 300 at Daytona on Saturday, Feb. 16. The final two episodes air on ESPN in prime time the week of the July 27 Allstate 400 at the Brickyard, ESPNÂ’s first live NASCAR Sprint Cup event of the season.

The pre-season episodes reveal never-before-seen footage from the 2007 press conferences and fan response to the announcements. Shifting Gears also chronicles the design process of the new paint schemes, the makings of Earnhardt Jr.Â’s Adidas fire suit and how the driver of the No. 88 Mountain Dew AMP/National Guard Chevrolet handles the pressure of working with new sponsors as he prepares for his first season with Hendrick Motorsports.

The final two episodes, each one hour in