NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

~ Update Dale Jr. ~

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 11:30 AM
Default RE: ~ Update Little `E - Dale Jr. ~

Just think of this
Busch is going to DEI and will be taking the #5 with him.......
Jr going to Hendicks and taking Bud and the #8 with him.....

This is were Jr is going to lose out on a lot of money.....
Just think how much his collectables would be worth maybe not today but tomorrow if he would have changed car numbers.....

I think Jr is a better driver then most of you credit him for.....
I believe Nascar has helped Gordo and Henrick more then the talent that shows......

and the proof is there, look back at Darlington, and yes last weeks race.....

Old 06-13-2007, 11:33 AM

Then again
Gibbs was going after Jr. But I think even Gibbs figured out that Jr. would not be a marketing tool for VISA......
I will be one of the first to say that if Gibbs racing goes to Toyota you will find me selling all of my Gibbs racing junk and looking for a different driver to cheer for.......

Heck I might have to go a root for Dale Jarrett since I work for UPS instead of Tony and Denny

As the wheels turn in NASCAR.......

Old 06-13-2007, 12:24 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

i'm wondering if he will get the #8 over there, i dont know if he will, they will probably try, but theresa will want an arm and leg for it most likely, i would like to see him driving a different # so all those people that got the # 8 tattoo's will have to get them changed! lol

Old 06-13-2007, 12:44 PM
5 Year Member

but now he's got no excuse if he does badly, gordon and johnson do well in them, if he doesn't than there's something wrong

Old 06-13-2007, 01:42 PM

Can you see Jr doing a Kellogs ad.....

It might start like this....

To my many race fans, I have traded my budwiser for a more heathler drink......
Yes I now drink the white stuff.......

Old 06-13-2007, 02:02 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

[align=center]Michael, I think if the money is there, then the Race Car Drivers will do any commerical.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I could see them wearing diaper's for Pampers, if[/align][align=center]the price is right.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Dale `Jr, will do coke commericals to get[/align][align=center]Mod Wiz Kidd 2 be a fan : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Many have sold there souls for less : ([/align][align=center][/align][align=center]It's all a Money Game : ([/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I just can't seem to get in the Game : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Mrrench, enjoy your post : )[/align][align=center]Thanks....`Space[/align]

Old 06-13-2007, 02:27 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

[align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]It's Freak'in Great being Little `E[/align][align=center][/align]
Goofing off still the #1 hobby of this...

Sports Illustrated shoots the breeze and gets personal with NASCAR's most popular driver, Dale Earnhardt Jr.:
SI: What's the best part of your life as a NASCAR driver?
Having so many days off during the week. Getting paid a lot of money to work a few hours on the weekend. There's a lot of s--- obviously that I have to do for sponsors, but it will never get to the point where the bad will outweigh the good. I mean, the best part about my job is knowing that I got every Monday off. I can't party on the weekends like my friends do, but I have most Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays off to do basically what I want. I got enough money in my pocket that I don't have wait on my tax return to buy the new PlayStation. I can go right out and get it.

SI: What's the worst part of your life?
My social life is really sporadic. My friends think that I disappear for months at a time. They just think I'm punking out on my couch at home. But I'm really busy. I can't go and do things with them at certain periods of the year. There will be two months when I hang out with my friends all the time, and they're like, "Hell, yeah, this is awesome." Then I disappear for two months, and they're like, "What the f---?" That's the worst part about being me. I can't ask a girl out to dinner next Thursday because I don't know where I'm going to be next Thursday.

SI: Is it hard for you to maintain a relationship with a woman?
Yeah, it is. My schedule is part of the problem, but if I really had the tools mentally, I could make it happen. There's a part of me that really enjoys being single. I like having that freedom where I don't have to answer to s---. And if I want to go to a buddy's house and drink beer all night, I don't got to ask nobody for permission. There's a lot to be said for that. You know, I'm not the kind of guy who will just go head over heels and get married. I don't think that's ever going to happen to me. I've had relationships where I really enjoyed the person I was with, and if not for one situation or one little thing, it might have worked out.

SI: Do you hope to get married one day?
If it happens, it happens. It's a hell of a commitment. Can't you just hang with them? Do you have to get married? I imagine marriage changes the atmosphere of the relationship for the worse.

SI: Do you want children?
Yeah, I want to have a son. I think that would really be fun. There's no greater accomplishment than procreation. You put something out there that is yours. I imagine that person being your best friend. That would be really, really cool.

Full story
[/align]

Old 06-14-2007, 08:25 AM
5 Year Member

Junior to Hendrick makes Busch the 'No. 1 free agent'
Teams already talking to talented yet unrefined driver
By Raygan Swan, NASCAR.COM
June 13, 2007
05:12 PM EDT[/align][/b][/align]
var clickExpire = "-1";

The sport's most popular driver is off the market for 2008 and beyond. Replacing him as the most-coveted driver available is one of contrasting personality to that of Dale Earnhardt Jr.: the fiery and outspoken Kyle Busch.
Earnhardt announced Wednesday he will join Hendrick Motorsports in 2008. He will replace Busch, whose contract expires after this year, in the HMS stable.

[/align][/align]Busch, a four-time winner in team owner Rick Hendrick's No. 5 Chevrolet, released a statement Wednesday at the same time Earnhardt and Hendrick were holding a news conference at JR Motorsports.
"We had been working on a contract extension for me to remain at Hendrick Motorsports, but after prolonged negotiations, we mutually agreed that a fresh start was in order. I have been granted a release after the 2007 season," said Busch, known for being a fierce competitor on the track and his somewhat childish tantrums off of it.
Busch is the driver who this season said the Car of Tomorrow "sucks" after winning its inaugural race at Bristol; he's the driver who after his crash in Texas left the track without telling his crew members, leaving volunteer Earnhardt to finish the race once the car was repaired; he's the driver who wrecked big brother Kurt Busch during the All-Star race and, instead of patching things up, threw a fit inside his hauler. (Driver Video)
All of that said, every team in NASCAR still wants him.
Despite missteps and behavior contrary to those of Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson and Casey Mears -- his politically correct, well-mannered teammates -- every team in NASCAR is calling 22-year-old Kyle Busch.
"We've heard from just about everybody," said Jeff Dickerson, driver agent for Busch. "Since the announcement, we have had several calls from top-level Cup teams. People recognize his talent; they recognize his age and his upside. And they see how they could benefit from the natural maturation of Kyle Busch."
As of Wednesday afternoon, Dickerson said no offers were on the table.

"We're just trying to get through the week," he added.
When asked if Busch's questionable behavior factored into Hendrick's decision to release Busch from his contract, Dickerson said only, "Mr. Hendrick has always embraced his personality and he loves the way he drives."

[/align][/align]A culmination of occurrences may have led to Busch's free-agent status.
"There are no secrets in this business; when J

Old 06-14-2007, 08:28 AM
5 Year Member

i still personally like busch more than jr, and would have rather seen mears go instead of busch.

busch is still up in my top 5 for drivers, he's only got 4 wins but he's only been in nascar for 2years i think, his driving style is a little off, but he's always fast, and moving towards the front, if he could only stay out of the accidents he would be so much better

nothing you can do about it, but i'd rather have seen mears go if jr had to come to hendrick and have them kept busch, he has more potential than mears

Old 06-14-2007, 01:58 PM

Kyle is not as bad as Kurt
I think Kyle can race a car better then his big brother

I think you will find that Kyle will end up at DEI

There are not that many good drivers out there looking for a home right now......

Quick Reply: ~ Update Dale Jr. ~