NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

~ Update Dale Jr. ~

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 09:13 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: ~ Update Dale Jr. #8 ~

[/align][align=center]Truth & Rumors[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]• Junior takes blame for pit miscue
• NASCAR wants AT&T logo dropped
• Yeley to replace Rudd in No. 88
• NASCAR TRUTH & RUMORS
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]

[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Smoke Signals[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]NASCAR superstar driver Tony Stewart has won in just about every type of car over the course of his illustrious career.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center].[/align][align=center]Thanks `Space[/align][align=center]...[/align][align=center]Your Welcome Dale.[/align][align=center]Now can I drive your Car ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]NO ![/align][align=center][/align]

Old 08-25-2007, 07:16 AM

Does any Member have Dale Jr Pinball ?
[align=center][/align]
If so, please give your review : )
[align=center][/align]
Dale `Jr, is into everything that makes Money $$
[align=center][/align][align=center]
[hr]
[/align][align=center]
[/align]
08-23-2007, 08:03 PM
Jack@pinballsales.com
[align=center][/align]

Dale Jr. Pinball - Update

With all of the e mails I have been getting lately asking for pictures
of Dale Jr. LE Pinball - I called my buddy Gary Stern today.

Bottom line is they are oversold on the game and they are not going to
take the time and expense of producing brochures or promotional
pictures. They are just building and shipping games next week.

Gary told me that the game is beautiful (surprised?) - he said that
about 5 times - so we will all have to wait until the game starts
shipping. Other people there have told me the same - Something must be
happening out there because we sold 3 of them today when we popped
Junior on our home page.

The game commands a higher price but they are in short supply and high
demand - one distrib ordered over 100 games (not me) and another 75 -
that's on a run of less than 500!

Old 08-25-2007, 07:26 AM

I heard they are going to give the #8 to Mark Martin next year on his limited schedule.

Old 08-25-2007, 08:01 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

i've been talking about this with my friends, if jr gets a # like 81, or 85 or 89 or something with an 8 in it, do you think he will be allowed to keep the same graphics and font on the #'s??? i dont think so...i think theresa will be all over that if he does

Old 08-25-2007, 09:54 AM

Battle over No. 8 hurt Earnhardt family
[/align][align=center]Now that Dale Earnhardt Jr. knows he won't be taking his No. 8 with him to Hendrick Motorsports, maybe he can finally sever all ties to Dale Earnhardt Inc. and the stepmother who has haunted and taunted him for all these years.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]And, really, that is what Earnhardt Jr. needs — a clean break. [/align]
A clean break from DEI. A clean break from his father's legacy and the pressure that comes with it.
And, most importantly, a clean break from Teresa Earnhardt, the stepmother and team owner whom he has openly feuded with all season and with whom he has had a tense relationship with since he was a child.
That's also what his fans deserve — a clean break and a fresh start.

The Red Army, or Earnhardt Nation, has stuck by Dale Jr. through thick and thin, and most have pledged to follow him all the way to Hendrick Motorsports, which was once considered the archenemy.
They've stuck by him despite the fact that they've been forced to watch this whole sordid affair, the ugly Dale Jr. vs. Teresa soap opera that has played out on NASCAR brightest stage this season.
Hopefully, the final act came last week when Junior announced negotiations to obtain — or acquire — the No. 8 from DEI were over.
[align=center]The price for the car number — royalties, plus the rights to it once his career at Hendrick ends — were unreasonable, Earnhardt Jr. said, so the deal was off, and he will have to find another car number for next year. [/align]

"I've been in these negotiations with the same person before, and they never work out in your favor," said Junior, who attributed his stepmother's decision, in part, to a personal rift between the two.
Now, Earnhardt will have a new, yet-to-be-determined car number and a new identity.
The No. 8? It will be driven by another yet-to-be-determined DEI driver, one who will need your thoughts and prayers and possibly police protection the first time he is introduced next season.
Technically, the No. 8 belongs to DEI, but it is rightfully Junior's. He is the one who made it famous and used it to make millions for his father's company.
Instead, Teresa just made it worthless. It may now become the most hated number in racing, while Junior's new number will make millions for him and Hendrick Motorsports owner Rick Hendrick.
What this latest episode shows is that Teresa Earnhardt is either a remarkably shrewd businesswoman, or incredibly spiteful. As we've seen this year, the truth probably lies somewhere in between.
As a result of her stubborn, heels-in-the-sand demeanor, Dale Jr. will no longer drive for the team his father founded and will no longer wheel the car number that once belonged to his grandfather and was passed down to him.
(Five years ago, such a scenario was unimaginable.)
And now he will officially sever all ties to the family-owned company and probably with the woman who is his father's widow.
[*][align=center]It is an incredibly sad story that has tugged at the heartstrings of millions of Earnhardt fans this year. And one that would not have pleased the man who left his family a fortune and a racing empire.[/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][b]If Dale Earnhardt knew that such a dramatic family split wa

Old 08-26-2007, 08:43 AM

IN MY OPINION
NASCAR Chase-ing Dale Jr. fix?
TOM SORENSEN
A few years ago I spent more than two hours touring NASCAR headquarters. My hosts were gracious, and they showed me everything. They showed me everything except the Secret Lab, where imaginary late-race debris is created, and the Secret Room.
I can't prove there's a Secret Room. When I called NASCAR on Wednesday and asked for the Secret Room, an operator told me she didn't have such a listing. She told me in a courteous, gentle way that implied I should perhaps get more sleep and make sure I don't spend too much time by myself.
Yes, I felt stupid making the call. But professional journalism isn't always pretty.
Let's assume, for the sake of this column, that there is a Secret Room. I can tell you who is in there -- NASCAR's brightest and most creative minds. And I can tell you what they're doing. They're trying to get Dale Earnhardt Jr. into the Chase for the Nextel Cup.
You think I'm kidding?
NASCAR was once the up-and-coming sport. Then it was the sport that had reached a plateau. Now it's the sport that has rolled off the plateau and started the slide down.
So what happens if the 10-race playoffs, which last even longer than the NBA playoffs, go on without Junior?
What happens is fans will go more than two months without watching Junior drive a meaningful race? What happens is NASCAR will go head to head with the NFL without its best draw. What happens is Kurt Busch will edge Carl Edwards in a thrilling Sunday race and Montel Williams will get better ratings.
Only one athlete means more to his sport than Junior means to his, and that athlete is Tiger Woods. You know what they call a tournament that Woods elects not to play?
They call it the Wyndham Championship. That event concluded Sunday in Greensboro. You weren't there.
Junior has been on a terrible streak since reluctantly announcing that he was leaving Dale Earnhardt Inc. First he lost Budweiser, his beloved sponsor. Then he lost 8, his beloved number.
DEI's reluctance to part with the number is ludicrous. The only reason 8 is famous is because it is attached to the side of Junior's car. It's almost as if DEI looked in the mirror, tried to decide how to get even more fans to dislike it, and came up with this.
Twelve drivers make the Chase. Junior is 13th, 163 points behind Kurt Busch. If Junior doesn't make up all those points in the three remaining races, he spends the fall doing nothing more than going for Sunday drives.
Although the Secret Room probably has soft leather chairs, NASCAR is in a tough place. Racing fans are sharp. They, too, know about the Secret Room and the Secret Lab and other conspiracies. These fans expect NASCAR to call a news conference to announce that it will expand the Chase from 12 teams to 13.
They're wrong.
Because Junior is only eight points ahead of Ryan Newman, NASCAR will call a news conference to announce that it will expand the Chase from 12 teams to 14. IN MY OPINION Tom Sorensen[/align]

Old 08-26-2007, 08:44 AM

Member's Do you think Dale `Jr,
will make the Chase ?
Post your comments - Opinions
[:-]below [:-]

Old 08-29-2007, 01:17 PM

I don't think that he's going to make the Chase unless something really happens bad for one of the bottom drivers. He's currently about a full race behind in points. He would need to win one and the bottom guy finish dead last - I don't remember whos where at the bottom anymore - and still have to finish decent for the next 2 races.

I'm glad he stepped up to tell people to lay off his stepmom. That take guts explaining that it is a business decision and not personal.

Old 08-29-2007, 01:35 PM

The Bubble Boys: Sharpie 500
By Joe Breeze & Space
ESPN.com

[/align][/align][/align]
Updated: August 29, 2007, 8:20 AM ET[/align]

[/align][/align][/align]
Here's what we know about this year's Chase for the Nextel Cup: [/align]

•
Jeff Gordon, Denny Hamlin, Matt Kenseth, Tony Stewart and Carl Edwards are in. [/align]

•
Jimmie Johnson and Jeff Burton will make the Chase simply by starting the next two events. [/align]

•There are two races left to decide the Chase field (California Speedway and Richmond International Raceway). [/align]
•And Earnhardt Nation still is in serious trouble. [/align]

Just wait till next year Moderator Wiz Kidd : )
[/align]How did the drivers on the Chase bubble fare Saturday night at Bristol Motor Speedway? [/align]

[/align]

Martin Truex Jr.
Position before race -- 11
Chase points safety margin -- 166
Breakdown -- Junior's DEI teammate saw his points cushion shrink by 30 after an 11th-place run at Thunder Valley -- his third straight top-15 effort. Still, with just two races before the Chase, Truex is nearly a lock. [/align]

[/align]

Kurt Busch
Position before race -- 12
Chase points safety margin -- 158
Breakdown -- With seven consecutive top-15 finishes -- including a sixth at Bristol -- Busch has a stranglehold on the No. 12 spot. He lost a measley five points Saturday night to No. 13 Dale Earnhardt Jr. And speaking of Junior ... [/align]

[/align]

Dale Earnhardt Jr.
Position before race -- 13
Points out of Chase -- 158
Breakdown -- Dale Jr. is simply running out of time. He inched five points closer to the Chase cutoff with a fifth-place showing at Bristol, but he needs a lot of help -- too much help. [/align]

[/align]

Ryan Newman[b]
Position before race -- 14
Points out of Chase -- 175
Breakdown -- Newman finished a respectable seventh on Saturday and still lost ground, falling another four points behind the final Chase spot.[/align]

Old 08-29-2007, 02:03 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq9OmIJJ3hE

Quick Reply: ~ Update Dale Jr. ~