Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Opinion Needed: Need to pass inspection

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by owens91
Lol basically a connection to where you get ya inspection stickers regardless if u pass or fail
I should have added that in NC we do not have stickers any more... you have to show a computer generated vehicle inspection that is tied into the state database. You also have to pay any taxes that are due to the county before you can renew your tag.... Almost impossible to beat the system here.... We live in a "connected" society!!!

Old 03-14-2014, 05:07 PM

I was able to get the Monte to pass inspection.... I filled the gas tank, took a drive on a flat road with the AC on, fog lights and rear window defogger on and coasted to a stop (I had my hazard lights on). I then let it sit in "Drive" and idle for 2 minutes. I did this twice and was able to get the Cat test to complete... Still have the Evap test in-complete... but, the inspections passes with "one in-complete test"... The only problem, it was after 5 and the Gov. offices are closed and it will be Monday before I can finalize this process... Maybe this will help someone else... Thanks for all your support!!!

Old 03-14-2014, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by 03SSLE
'rboverman' is on the right track. If you don't have any codes but all monitors are not in the ready state it's just a matter of putting the car under certain load conditions during a 'drive cycle' to set them. Sometimes it will take more then one cycle, but all monitors should go to the ready state.

Here is the link again in case you missed it the first time:

http://www.obdii.com/drivecycle.html

Edit: Temperature shouldn't prevent ready state. The PCM should compensate for that.
I can't seem to get the link to work (it may be my connection???). The link that is tied to my post does bring up the tests that I used. This is a pain to do... but it does work (for me). I'm sure that if you searched some more that there would be other links....