Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Lola passed inspection!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 12:30 PM
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile Lola passed inspection!!!!

The guy noticed my modded headlights and tails didn't say a peep he failed me for a too low aimed headlight (didnt know they could do that) which I fixed then passed. I took my HIDS out for inspection of course. but he did want to fail me for not having the hazard button cap but i went out and turned on the hazards and he said "well if you can turn them on then I won't worry about it" should i find a cap or leave it be (car has never had one and looks better without it anyways)

Old 09-02-2013, 12:45 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

Congrats!

Old 09-02-2013, 01:04 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sheesh I kno I would fail....that's y I jus go to my guy for that

Old 09-02-2013, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by owens91
Sheesh I kno I would fail....that's y I jus go to my guy for that

Wow `George, you got your own guy ? U R connected 4-Sure
I wonder `if I could get my own guy & pass inspection ?
Does your guy cost a lot ? LOL...
======================
tps > Great that you passed...We need 2 get connected with the inspector's..(U wouldn't have 2 change your lights, exhaust, anything) WoW.....I'm gona have to contact my father & see `if I can get connected He said "It's the only way"> LOL >

ps. Just creating some activity on the MCF to keep things running & active

Attached Thumbnails Lola passed inspection!!!!-space-vader-son-6919.jpg  
Old 09-02-2013, 03:22 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2014
10 Year Member

yup space almost got a guy for everything, and he charges me $50 pass or fail i get them stickers, if i were to fail he just tells me about whats the matter and keeps going

Old 09-02-2013, 04:25 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by owens91
yup space almost got a guy for everything, and he charges me $50 pass or fail i get them stickers, if i were to fail he just tells me about whats the matter and keeps going
Not saying I 100% agree on these inspections (as my emissions inspection auto-fails a '96 or newer car that has an active check engine light, when it's very possible the CEL has nothing to do with emissions, it's still a fail).

But these inspections are 100% pointless when people go against the system and pass cars anyways that have legit reasons to fail.

Again, I don't 100% agree with these inspections (heck if I lived in PA, I think they woulda condemned my '94 Grand Am years ago, and here the car still runs for a different owner).

Old 09-02-2013, 04:37 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
Not saying I 100% agree on these inspections (as my emissions inspection auto-fails a '96 or newer car that has an active check engine light, when it's very possible the CEL has nothing to do with emissions, it's still a fail).

Again, I don't 100% agree with these inspections (heck if I lived in PA, I think they woulda condemned my '94 Grand Am years ago, and here the car still runs for a different owner).

Been driving for 3 months with an expired inspection because of my CEL for a faulty gas cap that has been replaced twice so far...... PA inspection........

Old 09-02-2013, 05:04 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I took a moment and went through and read there are a fair number of states that don't do Emissions and or Safety inspections. Wonder why that would be, is there something to the compaint that it is a money maker option for the states that do require it.....???

Old 09-02-2013, 05:06 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

I've never had an issue passing with my HID's and I don't see how the little button for the hazard lights can really look good or bad. I'd rather have it there so they're easier to use. NY inspection is $21, not sure if it all goes to the state or how it works. I would imagine its more for the safety of the driver and the safety of others, making sure a car is in safe condition to be on the road.

Old 09-02-2013, 05:31 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by monte carlo 3831
CEL for a faulty gas cap that has been replaced twice so far......
Has the cap been pressure tested to validate that is the problem?? My wife's '01 Mustang threw a code commonly seen with loose or faulty gas cap, here the problem was a series of pin hole leaks on the fill neck (I thank Ford for that, their genius idea of putting wire loom on the neck that holds moisture and contaminants on the metal neck). Some JB Weld fixed that problem!

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02
I took a moment and went through and read there are a fair number of states that don't do Emissions and or Safety inspections. Wonder why that would be, is there something to the compaint that it is a money maker option for the states that do require it.....???
Heck, Ohio only does emissions checks in certain counties!!! So it's not even state wide. They used to charge about $20 to do the inspection. A few years ago, they did away with the fee (what people fail to notice, license plate registration went up almost $20 when they did that).

Quick Reply: Lola passed inspection!!!!