Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Opinion Needed: Need to pass inspection

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 09:16 AM
Default Need to pass inspection

Hello everyone. I have searched the site (maybe not completely..LOL) and I need my 06 Monte to be able to pass inspection but I have several "incomplete" test results showing. I fixed a check engine lite for a P0440 with an evap solenoid (the one close to the rear driver's side), but I can only have one "incomplete" test to pass the inspection. I have a Bluetooth OBDII and using Torque Pro to test and show results. I know that some of these test need several "drive cycles" to run, but I am running out of time. Last night I had some failures, (the car had been driven and was monitored). I wrote a couple down and need some help deciphering what they mean.

MID: $10 TID: $e3 "O2 Bank 4 Sensor 4" Min: 4,144ms Max: 41,113 current 58,128ms

MID: $91 TID: $33 Min:4,177 Max:2 Current 13,200

Could anyone give me some advice as what to do?

Thanks so much!!!

After reading some other post...(which I should hadve done in the first place...) I realize that this was not put in the proper place.... Could someone help me???? Please!!)

Last edited by rboverman; 03-13-2014 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Wrong place to post question
Old 03-13-2014, 10:18 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I moved this to a more appropriate location.

I am not a master (no where near) regarding the readiness monitors for emissions checks. I am dealing with a similar situation on a newly acquired car. I believe my problem is coming down to the fact it's below 40 degrees and the cold ambient temp is not allowing all the internal diagnostics to run.

Old 03-13-2014, 10:34 AM

Thanks Jason!!! The weather in NC has been all over the place in the last week... That may be my problem also... I get no errors detected, but still getting several "incompletes"... I hate to take it to a shop or to see if it will pass inspection when I know there are incomplete tests... I have read that it may take weeks for the tests to complete... I hope not.. Thanks again for your help and advice!!!

Old 03-13-2014, 11:14 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hello RB, Welcome to MCF!

The only way to clear those incompletes is as you said. Drive Cycles. But you can put about 100 miles on the car and that should set them. They just need Time to get an accurate reading.
When is your inspection due? By the end of this month?

Old 03-13-2014, 11:42 AM

Thanks JC.... I need to get it inspected by the 15th of this month... it was due at the end of Feb. I really need to find out ALL of the drive cycles ( I know some of them are complex) to see if I can expedite the process. Any Ideas?

Old 03-13-2014, 11:47 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I have the same OBD II Bluetooth as you. I have not cleared it in a few weeks. And yet I too have a couple of incomplete test. It may be that this is normal. But I am not sure! If you have a Friendly Neighborhood Mechanic you go to, I would have him read it and tell you if anything is actually wrong!

Old 03-13-2014, 11:53 AM

Thanks JC... I was hoping to avoid this.... but this may be my only choice. I cleared the codes on Sunday and I still have problems... I'm afraid I have already used my "courtesy" read at the shop... maybe if I explain they will check it again... I'll give it a try.....

Old 03-13-2014, 12:08 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

It is annoying how these readiness monitors function. The car I got, when I bought it, made a two hour road trip home (one stop on the way home) and it was not ready. When I hooked up and checked, it had two incomplete monitors, now it is just waiting on the catalyst.

Everything I've read (including from the shop book) indicates my problem is our current outside ambient temp. I need temp that is above 40 degrees and at the time I can mess with the car, it's below 40 degrees

Old 03-13-2014, 01:10 PM

Hey JC!! I'm going to do some more checking... The High today is going to be 44.. If I find anything, I'll let you know. By the way, nice looking cars and website!!! Do you live close to Banner Elk? The buildings in the background look look some that are there...

Last edited by rboverman; 03-13-2014 at 01:15 PM. Reason: More info
Old 03-13-2014, 02:11 PM

Car companys need to fix this crap... my dad has a Toyota, and he can't get it inspected until its fixed. He's been going at it for weeks, now inspection is up he still needs to drive it just to see if it the light will come back on... anyways, more of a rant then a solution, but good luck!

Quick Reply: Opinion Needed: Need to pass inspection