Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

FAILED INSPECTION

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 10:41 PM
Default FAILED INSPECTION

Hey guys. So heres a good tale for ya

I got my car inspected 2 weeks ago and I failed. What for you may wonder??? The light above my lisence plate is out. So no biggie, I fixed it and brought it back 2day. So they fail me again. Some slick rick noticed I have a cherry bomb muffler in place of my resonator. They were just suppose 2 check out my light and give me the go. Apparently he said that he knew my car was too loud, his civic SI doesnt sound like that. Damn right it doesnt u stupid ricer is what I was thinking. So I have the dual flowmasters on there as well which I am told is ok. Two mufflers is legal, three is not as long as its a Cherry bomb-- He said the cherry bomb is illegal in NJ. (WTF RIGHT?) So i left after a steady talk with the manager. I told him what if I come back with straight pipe instead of the cherry bomb, because thats what was there before I put it in. The flowmaster system that is "made" for my car consists of two mufflers. I wanted 3 to QUiet it down. He didnt know what to do, he knew I was right. So he came right out and said the problem is the bright red muffler I got, and to get rid of it. So what do I do guys? Buy the OEM resonator and hope they pass me? Put straight pipe in? Spray Paint the cherry bomb silver?

Old 02-20-2007, 10:49 PM
Default RE: FAILED INSPECTION

think i'd paint it and take it to a different place if possible.

Old 02-21-2007, 10:36 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

PAINT IT BLACK! LOL or paint it aluminumumumum and they'll never bother it again because it will look likea resonator...

i'm sorry but they're blowing this crap out there bums because thats just not even close to right...take it to someone else they dont know what they're talking about!

paint it...if you go back to them...then they will think its a resonator..make sure its high heat paint

Old 02-21-2007, 03:06 PM

All my buddies are like, paint that shiz mannnn. Im thinking straight pipe, is that louder than a cherry bomb? I was told the cherry bomb amplifies noise, otherwise id never imagine a "muffler" being louder.

Old 02-21-2007, 03:27 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

straight pipe and the cherry bomb probably have no differnece in sound and the straight pipe would have less restriction...so you could just puta piece of straight pipe in instead

Old 02-21-2007, 08:34 PM

Yeah I would think the cherry bomb would be more restrictive than a piece a straight pipe.

Old 02-22-2007, 01:38 AM

naturally i assumed that a cherry bomb is noise reducer due to the fact it says muffler. It dissapates high frequency for a low frequency rumble. These people are telling me its like a megaphone. So I guessing they are wrong, well see with the straight pipe on friday.

Old 02-22-2007, 05:12 AM

its the name that makes people dislike them. its known for making muscle cars loud. just paint it and tell them its a glass pack muffler.. they do keep the sound down.

my exhaust has a single magnflow muffler a glass pack and dual tips