General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

GM Goodwrench Inspection

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 01:28 PM
5 Year Member1 Year Member
Default GM Goodwrench Inspection

Has anyone taken their car in for this service it's susposed to be a 27 point multi-service inspection? Anyhow I was thinking about taking my car in today, but I think I'll wait after I heard the $89 service charge I'm not cheap, I would just hate to get hosed ... I mean do I really need it my car has about 16,000 miles on the o/d .. I checked the transmission fluid myself which I noticed was very low after about 2 weeks of driving it from the lot anyhow I added some fluid, and the oil % says 67% ... Other than that the car drives fine minus the warped rotor i need to get repaired which only is noticed when i'm doing 85mph and come to a stop hmmm?

Anyhow yea is it worth the $89 bones minus the brake problem i mention just everything else though? I was going to ask about the on-star system too ...

Old 09-24-2007, 01:45 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008
Default RE: GM Goodwrench Inspection

There is a guy who comes on the radio on Sunday here and talks about cars.

There was another guy who would come out on Saturdays but they canceled him here.

They both generally say the same thing:

"If you have the money and need the peice of mind, do the multi-point inspections, otherwise, for the most part, fix it when it breaks."

In otherwords, for some of us, if ain't broken, don't fix it.

Old 09-24-2007, 03:40 PM

That is alot of transmission fluid to be going through. I would keep an eye on that in the future so you can still get it fixed under warante if there is a problem.

Old 09-24-2007, 07:17 PM
5 Year Member1 Year Member

I doubt anybody changed anything up to the current miles, but then again the oil looks good, the transmission fluild was at the last hole on the dipstick with the engine hot, took a entire bottle of fluid ... No leaks under the car though ...
The reason for my question really is because usually i'm the one always wanting to changing my motor oil even when i had my previous loner car and my other car before it died, but with anything sometimes you neglect to check something if you do it yourself... I would hate to wait until something breaks to take it in so I just may go ahead and spend the money to have it checked out ... thanks!