Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Major leaking

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 02:48 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Major leaking

I was devistated this morning when I opened my door and saw my floor Flooded!

This happened once a little while back but I thought it was because I left my sunroof open... Well it rained last night and there was a puddle

There's no sign the water is coming down the door and the seals all look pretty intact. I haven't had a chance to thoroughly look around but I'm really worried now that it's supposed to rain most of the week please help!

Side not my Washer Fluid isn't coming out any more and I'm having a hard time seeing where it connects to the container any suggestions?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_20141221_113715.jpg (97.5 KB, 12 views)
Old 12-21-2014, 03:18 PM
Lightbulb

Hi `Justinn,
Sorry to read about your problem with your Monte.

Have you checked the bottom of each door (there are draining holes & if they get clogged (?) they will not drain out , but just drain into your interior...

Check them `out & if they are clogged (?) get a wire or a coat hanger & push up & clear out...

If that is not the problem, check the below threads on this topic...Good Luck & Happy Holidays to you!

Leaking water into interior - Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo ...

montecarloforum.com/.../interior.../leaking-water-into-interior-40593/

So I came out this morning to go get my car inspected and go get tags and found this in my passenger side floorboard... This was the only wet ...

Leaking water into interior - Page 2 - Monte Carlo Forum - Monte ...

montecarloforum.com/.../interior.../leaking-water-into-interior.../page2/

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622 The issue is resolved now. I got the piece from Hendrick Automall in Durham and put it in this afternoon...

water leak through firewall? - Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo ...

montecarloforum.com/forum/.../water-leak-through-firewall-24931/

... loose it causes water to seek in through the fire wall into the interior and ... If not , I'm calling a bad heater core leaking intoyour floorboard.

Water in door and leak on passenger side - Monte Carlo Forum ...

montecarloforum.com/...8/water-door-leak-passenger-side-6694/

Hi all, I saw a reply about the possible leak on the passenger side floor that it ... But has anyone had problem with water builiding upin the doors? ... it rained yesterday and there was water on the inside of my drivers side door, ...

Standing Water in my Monte! - Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo ...

montecarloforum.com/forum/.../standing-water-my-monte-10357/

A puddle, A big 'ole puddle in the passengers floor board, the door sill, .... 1, water leaks into vehicle interior when it rains ยท 2003 Chevrolet ...

Repair Guide: DIY: A/C Evaporator drain plug un-clog (no tools ...

montecarloforum.com/.../diy-c-evaporator-drain-plug-un-clog-no-tools- required-21645/

A small amount of silicone spray on the inside of the rubber tube will ... 5) If the evaporator case drain was not plugged, awater leak test will ...

Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics [Archive] - Page 2 - Monte Carlo ...

montecarloforum.com/forum/sitemap/f-11-p-2.html

[Archive] Page 2 Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here. ... Leaking water into interior; 6th Gen ('00-'05): How do i know what hid kit to get?

Standing Water in my Monte! - Page 2 - Monte Carlo Forum - Monte ...

montecarloforum.com/forum/general-monte...9/...water.../page2/

I actually had water getting in my passenger side door as well, ... They told me that they found the leak and fixed it, tested it by running water over it for an ... no water inside the car so the drains might have been the problem.

Repair Guide: List of Common Monte Carlo Problems and Solutions ...

montecarloforum.com/.../list-common-monte-carlo-problems-solutions- 30154/

Problem: Oil is leaking from under the valve covers. Cause: Bad valve .... Problem: Water in passenger cabin under the blower motor. Cause: The .... cold air intake next step is pay off monte and rims and interior and duals ...

passanger - Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums ...

montecarloforum.com/forum/tags/passanger/

Sign in using an external account ... Antifreeze leaking on to engine block and smoke coming from under the ... Leaking water into interior ( Multi-page thread ...

Old 12-21-2014, 04:09 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks for the wonderful write up, I wasn't able to see the drain holes you were talking about, but after work I'll look again. it seems most of these are for passenger side issues mines on the driver side XD.

I'm still going to give them all a read through, again thanks for the write up.

Old 12-21-2014, 04:19 PM

You're Welcome `Justin,
I'm hoping one of our member's views your thread & can help you on your problem. Good Luck

If you can't fix it tonight, I suggest trying to find a friends garage, carport, etc or getting a tarp to place over your Monte until you can locate the problem