Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Water in door and leak on passenger side

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 01:43 PM
Default Water in door and leak on passenger side

Hi all,
I saw a reply about the possible leak on the passenger side floor that it might be a cabin ?? something that needs to be resealed?? But has anyone had problem with water builiding up in the doors??? I was looking for a recall possibility on this but no luck. It's a 2000 monte carlo. any ideas?

Old 11-28-2007, 02:02 PM
Default RE: Water in door and leak on passenger side

There are drain holes in the bottom of the doors.They tend to clog up over time with dirt,leaves,etc.Open the doors,lay on the ground and look up at the bottom of the doors.They can usually be opened up with a small screwdriver or stiff wire.If they clog again,pull the door panels and clean out the inner doors with a shop-vac.

If the passengers side carpet is wet,it could be a leaking heater core,if it is anti-freeze you are seeing.If it is clear water,I would suspect the drain hose for the AC condenser is clogged.My 2000 Monte Carlo had that problem.The hose is on the firewall under the hood in front of the glove box area..It is about as big as your pinky and bent at 90 degrees.You can pull it off to clean it out,and then just push it back on.When I did this on mine,over a quart of water ran out. Have fun!!!!!!!!

Old 07-27-2009, 07:04 PM
Default 2000 monte leak

I have a 2000 monte carlo ls. the seal on the top of my drivers side door is ripped. we had a big rain storm and i ended up having 4 inches of water on my back floor panel. it hasnt flooded since but it rained yesterday and there was water on the inside of my drivers side door, i heard it swishing around but it slowly drained out. i dont know where to find a new seal, or if that is even the problem but i think it is. any suggestions?

Old 07-29-2009, 01:33 PM

do any of these monte's have sun roofs if so mine leaked and got the passenger floor soaked it ended up being the sun roof drains that run down the front pillars and out in to the door jamms it is a black hose in the front of door jam

Old 04-27-2010, 04:38 PM
Default It was weather strip on my 2000 monte

it was 100% the passenger side window weather strip. easy to replace. got the part for under $50. it fixed the problem. too much water was filling the inside of the door and going into the cabin.

Old 04-27-2010, 10:40 PM

Drill the holes out to 1/4" and it will be fine from then on out.

Old 04-28-2010, 06:14 AM

what i heard from my neighbor is that genuin gmparts.com has the seals for the 6th gen windows its like they have the parts for a beatter price than from a dealer or pressing luck with a salvage yard. there price is like 40 buckes some thing like that for a window seal.

Old 02-19-2011, 10:07 AM

I have the same problem with my 2000 Monte Carlo 3.8L V6 passenger floor getting water everything I wash it or it rains. It appears to come from the front bottom of door, it could be sunroof drain also. Either way it's 11 years old and I can hear too much wind noise. Does anyone know other than the dealer, a website to get door seals or what model number they are?

Old 05-07-2015, 09:38 AM
Default Water in doors in my 2000 Monte Carlo

Its the plastic molding above the doors that needs replacing. My monte gets water in the doors when it rains because of the plastic molding above doors on top of car is dry rotted. Does anyone know where to purchase that molding ?

[B][/B]
Originally Posted by Jack
Hi all,
I saw a reply about the possible leak on the passenger side floor that it might be a cabin ?? something that needs to be resealed?? But has anyone had problem with water builiding up in the doors??? I was looking for a recall possibility on this but no luck. It's a 2000 monte carlo. any ideas?

Old 05-07-2015, 10:14 AM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Quick Reply: Water in door and leak on passenger side