Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

low tire pressure light

Old 09-02-2010, 12:01 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default low tire pressure light

here's the thing i run 20's on my car durning the summer, and since it's coming to the end already yesterday i put the stock 16's back on. and when i was going down the freeway (after the stock ones were back on) my low tire pressure light came on. so i pulled over and checked all my tires and they were all good. so i went into the settings on the radio, and im not able to find the tire pressure reset, and the light switch from off to parking lights 3 times didn't work either. so i unhooked my neg battery cable and that shut the light off. does any of you know what could be up with my ss.

Old 09-02-2010, 12:36 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

My experience was if I ever adjusted the tire pressure for any reason, I had to reset the tire monitor in the car (and I am talking just one lb different and it would throw the light). So switching wheels would probably trip it until you reset it.

As for the radio, I assume this is the stock radio? Were you about to enter the reset menu screens at all? I believe the steps are with the radio off, turn the ignition key to the on position and hold down the DISP button (I think mine takes 30-60 seconds) and then it will enter the reset menus.

I don't remember which buttons navigate it, but you Monte manual should have all that info.

Old 09-02-2010, 12:46 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
My experience was if I ever adjusted the tire pressure for any reason, I had to reset the tire monitor in the car (and I am talking just one lb different and it would throw the light). So switching wheels would probably trip it until you reset it.

As for the radio, I assume this is the stock radio? Were you about to enter the reset menu screens at all? I believe the steps are with the radio off, turn the ignition key to the on position and hold down the DISP button (I think mine takes 30-60 seconds) and then it will enter the reset menus.

I don't remember which buttons navigate it, but you Monte manual should have all that info.
im still running the stock deck, and when i go threw all the stuff in the settings there's nothing there to reset the tire light. and in the owners manual it says you can use the head light switch to shut the low tire pressure light off but that didn't work either.

Old 09-02-2010, 01:06 PM

I'm having the same issue. After I switched my winter rims back to the stock 16" rims the tire pressure light came on after a few days of driving. I never tried resetting it from the radio but I did try it with the light switch and it still won't reset or go off even with my tire pressure ok. I'm thinking something is up with the sensor but hopefully someone on here will know what to do.

Old 09-02-2010, 01:10 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by el402
I'm having the same issue. After I switched my winter rims back to the stock 16" rims the tire pressure light came on after a few days of driving. I never tried resetting it from the radio but I did try it with the light switch and it still won't reset or go off even with my tire pressure ok. I'm thinking something is up with the sensor but hopefully someone on here will know what to do.
i hope someone will too. i was able to shut the light off by unhooking the neg battery cable.

Old 09-02-2010, 03:35 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Based on the two accounts here, I wonder if the cars aren't properly re-calibrating. Sadly, I don't know enough about the tire monitoring system

Old 09-04-2010, 11:24 PM
5 Year Member

doesn't anyone know, or just dont want to share?