Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Body Control Module/Computer Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2015, 10:36 AM

I went to the Chevy dealership last week to get a recall fixed on my car the ignition key right after I left my security lock came on my traction service light and light came on as well.then yesterday I was driving an my radio locked, security light, my headlights wouldn't turn off for a min , my service vehicle, low fuel,, and an air bag light came on .. please help me or give me some feedback on what it may be

Old 02-07-2015, 10:59 AM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Welcome to the forum!!
This might link give you some place to start--->https://montecarloforum.com/forum/mo...control+module
Might have to make another trip to the dealership
Someone with more knowledge about this is sure to post soon!!

Old 12-17-2018, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by David Riley
hey guys its crazy you're talking about BCM and replacement how do you diagnose does your BCM like for example I was using the auxiliary wire off of the ignition cylinderand I accidentally sparked it under the dash once I got everything put back together I went to get no sound for my audio system only the chimes from the warning indicators no lights but all my message lights security battery check engine change oil Exedra we're going crazy problem is I blew some fusesI blew some fuses and a battery in it up being completely dead so I can best to get a d_v_d any further I need another girl startthat
I did the same thing aux wire from ign cylinder wire accidently sparked it trying to hook up radio now my car won't start changed the BCM and still nothing tried the relearn procedure and theft light stays on and won't say a thing what did you do after you accidently sparked the wire connected to your ign wire

Old 06-29-2019, 10:44 PM
Default New BCM got my stock radio back

Just wanted to share that I finally got around to replace the BCM on 03 monte by doing so got my stock radio back and air bag light went off. I did purchased a new Ac Delco BCM and did the programming myself with a Chinese knock off Tech2. The programming it self it is very much straight forward but what took the longest was the key relearned process which you do the attempt to start wait 10 min and redo 3 times until car starts again. One thing I learned is that yes you can get a used BCM but your radio and airbags wont work and if you get a new one make sure you know someone with a GM tech2 scanner because the dealer will charge too much money for programming