Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Body Control Module/Computer Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 10:20 AM
Default BCM and other digital stuff

Just a suggestion,

One of the things I like to do is before replacing any control module is obtaining some electrical contact cleaner and spraying the contacts. Rarely' I should say less often (except some outrageous voltage surge smoking the component) do they fail. however they could fail due to lack of sufficient voltage to the board.
After a couple of years of hot, cold cycles and moisture the contacts corrode or come away from the connector. Rat Shack has a great cleaner and lube for this.

In detailing the engine I like to disconnect the electrical side then spray the cleaner and reconnect component one at a time then start the car. More often than not this solves many pending issues.
Hope this helps.

Last edited by TPStatic; 07-01-2013 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 10-06-2014, 08:50 PM

hey guys its crazy you're talking about BCM and replacement how do you diagnose does your BCM like for example I was using the auxiliary wire off of the ignition cylinderand I accidentally sparked it under the dash once I got everything put back together I went to get no sound for my audio system only the chimes from the warning indicators no lights but all my message lights security battery check engine change oil Exedra we're going crazy problem is I blew some fusesI blew some fuses and a battery in it up being completely dead so I can best to get a d_v_d any further I need another girl startthat

Old 10-06-2014, 08:52 PM

stupid auto text I'm going to have to stop using that sorry guys

Old 11-12-2014, 04:24 AM
Default my lights are flashing Please help

Lights or flashing and security light on . Its doing a misfire when i dont let the car warm up it will just putt . Tomorrow im going to change hazzard switch blinkers flashing right blinker where noise coming from want go off until i unhook battery

Old 11-12-2014, 08:05 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I think mine is starting to go too - auto headlights don't work anymore and I hear a clicking noise coming from the dash when I first start up the car.

Old 11-18-2014, 11:25 AM
Default Possible BCM-related issues

Sorry for the late repsonse but the BCMs on these cars either control a ton of stuff or a lot of things are wired to go through the BCMs (all interior and exterior lamps, DRLs, autolamps, keyless entry, horns, A/T shift lock, car security, trunk release, door locks, A/C and ignition switch request info, vehicle speed, parking brake indicator, and other stuff too I bet. The connectors for the BCM have about 64 total possible pins in them spread out over 3 connectors.

FW

Old 01-08-2015, 11:50 AM

my car has a draw too..oh chevys...

Old 01-29-2015, 09:13 PM
Gib

My daughter had been using my monte for a while and she got tired of the electrical gremlins. Some are: key fob inop even with new batteries will not complete relearn, heat ac fan only blows on max setting R&R sw no help, lights flicker occasionally, airbag light on constantly, cruise control has limited functions.

?
Has anybody here removed and reinstalled their bcm ?
Did you do the relearn?
Did you have to go to the dealer for the reprogram?

Thanks in advance!

Old 01-31-2015, 01:20 PM

The BCM can't be reprogrammed. It locks itself against it after 35 attempts to start the car. It needs to be replaced with a new one, which you then need to get to a dealer for reprogramming before the 35 start limit is reached.

The fan problem is the heater motor resistor assembly. Any heat problems could be the HVAC control or the actuators, not the BCM.

If you remove the existing BCM and reinstall it, it will work the same as before. It won't fix anything, but it shouldn't need to relearn.

The relearn actually has two components. The BCM learns the resistor value of the ignition lock, and the BCM and the PCM learns the BCMs security code.

Old 02-04-2015, 09:11 PM
Gib

thanks GPRTECH

Quick Reply: Body Control Module/Computer Replacement