Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

05 ss monte problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2015, 08:39 PM
Default 05 ss monte problem

I have a '05 SS Supercharged, and a aeroforce interceptor sensor that I'd recently disconnected (but the other end was still connected to the computer). Today as I was getting in my car the end that connected to the back of the sensor was hanging on the floor of the car near the gas pedal (which was wet due to rain getting on floor).
Not paying attention, I turn the car on and the cord that connects to the back of my aeroforce sensor fried and smoked out.(It was touching the water) Now my car wont start at all, the radio works-the windows still power up and down, and the head lights come on. None of the lights inside the car come on now and my button that opened the trunk has stopped working. Also when I turn the key all I get is the check engine light. Did I also fry my computer when I fried the connector cord to my aeroforce sensor?

Update on whats working and not:
When Key is in ignition and turned: (windows,radio*aftermarket*,headlights will come on, and display module that shows temperature)(all interior lights will not come on and button that opens trunk will not work)

When key is not in ignition: ( no lights come on at all when i open the door, interior or exterior only aftermarket radio will power on) I tried to provide as much info as I could. I know its electrical but not sure what though.

Last edited by tstew; 06-02-2015 at 09:30 PM.
Old 06-02-2015, 09:30 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Since that cord connects to the ODB-II diag port under the dash, that port has pins for data, ground and power. Based on your description, there is no doubt, you shorted something. First thing I would advise, check all of your fuses. You might get lucky and the only real damage is a blown fuse.

Hopefully that's all it is, other wise, it could be any list of issues, including a blwon PCM and/or damaged wiring.

Old 06-02-2015, 09:35 PM

Thanks for your response, I check the fuses boxes the two inside the car and the big fuse box under the hood none of the fuses seem to have blown.