Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Tweeter Placement

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 09:57 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 04MonteLS
Nice! Got any pics of the drivers side kick pod? I thought about going that route when I was planning out this system but due to the ebrake being in the way I scrapped the idea. I'd love to see how you overcame that. I don't care if it's finished either, I'm just concerned with fitment and clearance of the ebrake:p

But you have to consider the fact that he's running passive xovers as well, it's not a one size fits all kind of thing. If raising the soundstage is more important than dramatically reducing diffraction of high frequencies, proper time alginment, the two drivers being in phase with each other and more accurate imaging, then by all means he should put them in the pillars. But in my opinion, the cons far outweigh the pros in this scenario. Come on Keith, you really think running a set of comps passively with the tweets in the pillars blasting off the windshield sounds better and more accurate than putting them in the stock locations and calling it a day? Say it ain't so!

Definitely try it out, try out as many different locations and aiming setups as possible before you decide on one. I just wish you could listen to an accurate setup beforehand so you would have a better idea of what to shoot for.
i wish i could hear an accurate setup too to be honest, mine sounds really good in my opinion and impresses tons of people at my school and city, so it cant be too bad, but to someone like you, that really knows what it should sound like, it probably will sound crappy haha, i like it tho, thats all that matters i guess

and keith, dont worry, ill be your huggy bear

haha

Old 06-25-2010, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by trewyn15
i wish i could hear an accurate setup too to be honest, mine sounds really good in my opinion and impresses tons of people at my school and city, so it cant be too bad, but to someone like you, that really knows what it should sound like, it probably will sound crappy haha, i like it tho, thats all that matters i guess
True story. Just try the different locations, play your music and see how it sounds to you and pick the one you like the best. Good luck

Old 06-25-2010, 11:45 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

True that

Old 06-26-2010, 04:43 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

i didnt get to end up doing it, im not home right now and away from my car until monday, on monday i plan on retinting my turn signals and tail lights with vht and then i gotta clear them, so ill try to do my tweeters then, its just a pain to take the door panel off, i dont wanna have to buy those pull pins for it again, even tho it will only be my second time pulling the panel.

Old 07-08-2010, 01:31 PM

let me clerafy this, ive read a bit of this idk if it was said or not, but there are things to be knowen, the staging of the tweeter is best closer to the mids, you dont want one in front of the other, but in active staging you can ajust timing to account for this, along with rigth to left, and back to front so that the staging centers on the drivers seat instead of the center of the car. so you need them level, you also want them on axis, with in 12-15" from the woofer, so in the door penels is best, or A piller works fine, but the newer montes have plenty of room down by the woofer for mounting.

NEVER put a tweeter by your head. i saw sombody has done this..works for them..thats great, but i high recommend you do not do this.