Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Tweeter Placement

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 03:25 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 2001 ss keith
cool love bug ! I will check it out
here is where 04 Monte Ls put his tweeter it is in front of his door Handel
okay, thanks for finding that, i think thats kinda where i wanna put mine, i think it would work best there

Old 06-25-2010, 03:30 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

lets me just say in my " opinion " it is to low and to far back your front staging. Like I was saying your ears can distinguish how high or low a tweeter is placed in a car very quickly and it would not sound right.
i hope that makes since huggy bear try it with cell phone ringing you can totally her the diff

Old 06-25-2010, 03:37 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

lets me just say in my " opinion " it is to low and to far back your front staging. Like I was saying your ears can distinguish how high or low a tweeter is placed in a car very quickly and it would not sound right.
i hope that makes since huggy bear try it with cell phone ringing you can totally her the diff
my tweeters are loose right now, maybe ill try it out, like his tho mine came with the rings so i could make them point up and towards the seats.

Old 06-25-2010, 07:59 PM

wow man thank you for the complement!! for sure and right back at you and yours !! I am thinking about putting in a second set of 6 1/2 today (building pods for the kick panels)
just to get a touch more mids in the car I am getting so close to just being done. last week I put in the new Kicker IX500.4 amp for the mids and highs the focal amp just could not keep up
Nice! Got any pics of the drivers side kick pod? I thought about going that route when I was planning out this system but due to the ebrake being in the way I scrapped the idea. I'd love to see how you overcame that. I don't care if it's finished either, I'm just concerned with fitment and clearance of the ebrake:p

But you have to consider the fact that he's running passive xovers as well, it's not a one size fits all kind of thing. If raising the soundstage is more important than dramatically reducing diffraction of high frequencies, proper time alginment, the two drivers being in phase with each other and more accurate imaging, then by all means he should put them in the pillars. But in my opinion, the cons far outweigh the pros in this scenario. Come on Keith, you really think running a set of comps passively with the tweets in the pillars blasting off the windshield sounds better and more accurate than putting them in the stock locations and calling it a day? Say it ain't so!

Originally Posted by trewyn15
my tweeters are loose right now, maybe ill try it out, like his tho mine came with the rings so i could make them point up and towards the seats.
Definitely try it out, try out as many different locations and aiming setups as possible before you decide on one. I just wish you could listen to an accurate setup beforehand so you would have a better idea of what to shoot for.

Old 06-25-2010, 08:08 PM

That pic of my tweeters is actually my old Rainbow DreamLine tweets I had in there when I was running those comps. They were flush mounted, aimed at the other door panel, definitely not ideal! New setup is pictured below, with the tweeters angle mounted towards the opposite passenger.

Rest assured my car isn't that dirty anymore, I had just gotten done with a long and trying rebuild so please forgive me

Old 06-25-2010, 09:11 PM

IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
Default ok let me clear this up I was asked

ok lets clear this up real quick..
the question I was anserwing was
Originally Posted by Montelicious
Hey my little doodle bug, what about where the map pocket is???

awnser for her
i hope that makes since huggy bear try it with cell phone ringing you can totally hear the diff
i was Not talking to trewyn15 I would not call trewyn15 huggy bear lol ever !!
okay, thanks for finding that, i think thats kinda where i wanna put mine, i think it would work best there
But you have to consider the fact that he's running passive xovers as well, it's not a one size fits all kind of thing. If raising the soundstage is more important than dramatically reducing diffraction of high frequencies, proper time alginment, the two drivers being in phase with each other and more accurate imaging, then by all means he should put them in the pillars. But in my opinion, the cons far outweigh the pros in this scenario. Come on Keith, you really think running a set of comps passively with the tweets in the pillars blasting off the windshield sounds better and more accurate than putting them in the stock locations and calling it a day? Say it ain't so!
so it is not so !! LOL i think that is a great location to install that is why i found him (trewyn15) the pic of your door so he could see but the map pockett not so much... i hope this clears up the confusion for everyone

Last edited by Blazed SS; 06-25-2010 at 09:16 PM.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:14 PM
Monte Of The Month -- December 2010
Monte Of The Month -- November 2014

Ahem...what????????????? LOL j/k, I hear ya....no to the map pocket area.....right monte to my carlo? lol

Old 06-25-2010, 09:17 PM

ok lets clear this up real quick..
the question I was anserwing was

i hope that makes since huggy bear try it with cell phone ringing you can totally hear the diff

Not
so it is not so !! LOL i think that is a great location to install that is why i found him the pick of your door so he could see but the map pockett not so much... i hope this clears up the confusion for everyone
There is a god! Thank you so much for clearing that up, you were about to lose some serious audio IQ points

Old 06-25-2010, 09:19 PM

IT HERTZ
5 Year Member

Lol ...

Old 06-25-2010, 09:24 PM
Monte Of The Month -- December 2010
Monte Of The Month -- November 2014

My kicker tweeters have a screw for the back in the center so can't I just screw it somewhere???

Quick Reply: Tweeter Placement