Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

PCM placement???

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 08:02 PM
Default PCM placement???

I just put a K&N on my 05 supercharged SS. As I'm taking the stock air box out, low and behold, I find the PCM??? I was a Ford guy before my last LS, this is new to me. Anyway, what do I do with the PCM now that the box is gone?

Tried the search and didn't come up with anything, so no flaming

Old 08-30-2005, 08:47 PM
Default RE: ECU placement???

K&N

If it was an K&N Air Charger I have been told there is a spot on the heat shield that the PCM bolts to.... In the K&N link there is suppose to be a PDF link showing specific details. I do not have Acrobat on the puter and was not able to see if thats is the case or not. If it's the other I've heard of people using everything from tie wraps to cutom built trays...

Old 08-31-2005, 12:52 PM

well, I got a spin off pipe from ebay that came with a K&N filter. Same as K&N full set, without the heat shield. I really didn't think that the heat shield was a big deal since the filter sits in the area with so much room to breath. For now, I bought a couple blue bungy cords and straped it down behind the headlight assembly so that it doesn't look too bad, but I still feel like I've ghettofied my car and I don't even have 1000 miles on it yet. [:@]

Old 08-31-2005, 01:27 PM

ORIGINAL: Screamin SS

well, I got a spin off pipe from ebay that came with a K&N filter. Same as K&N full set, without the heat shield. I really didn't think that the heat shield was a big deal since the filter sits in the area with so much room to breath. For now, I bought a couple blue bungy cords and straped it down behind the headlight assembly so that it doesn't look too bad, but I still feel like I've ghettofied my car and I don't even have 1000 miles on it yet. [:@]
Ghettofied... LOL... Now that's funny....

I think there is a PCM bracket you can get from GM for I want to say a Blazer/Bronco that has been used to secure the PCM, I'll hunt around and see what I can come up with for ya...

Old 08-31-2005, 05:02 PM

ORIGINAL: montejass

Ghettofied... LOL... Now that's funny....

I think there is a PCM bracket you can get from GM for I want to say a Blazer/Bronco that has been used to secure the PCM, I'll hunt around and see what I can come up with for ya...

Thanks! I'd appreciate any help I can get to make this mod look cleaner.

Old 09-09-2005, 12:28 PM

I got the PCM tray from Intense yesterday. Looks like I'll be drilling some new holes to mount it, when I get a chance (prolly next week). Looks like the only place that I can mount it is pretty much where it was, but at least it will be mounted and not bungy corded (ghettofied). On the part number sitcker on the underside it had a "GM #". Is this really a GM part? Anyone?

Has anyone done anything to keep water off of the PCM plugs, short of building an entire "Box" for it? When I washed it last week, I was wiping down the engine bay and saw a lot of water sitting on it. I can't imagine that is good in the long run.

I'll put some pics up when it's done

Old 09-09-2005, 12:45 PM

I forgot all about the Intense Racing PCM tray...[sm=headbang.gif]

My memory is not what it use to be...

Can't wait to see some pics... You may inspire me to ditch my home made air box...(Gutted Factory Airbox)

The plug connection is pretty well protected from the elements. You should be fine with it in the bay..