Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

install sub wit factory deck

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 08:01 AM

Yep^^^^^ Just make it to where you like it. Quick story (again), I used to have a SPL 15" comp sub and 2 12" power acustic goth series, I used to put the boost all the way up and the frequency all the way down (which was 9 Hz)(2800 rms amp) it was crazy the lower bass would hit and everything would go silent but you would still be shaking like crazy ( human ear cannot hear below 12 Hz) But you could stand about 10 feet away from my car and everything would still be silent when the bass hit. I know its off topic but I just felt it would be interesting.

Old 05-09-2010, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by bcnewfie
its a one channel amp. and it had to rca inputs is what i was reffering to. my power and ground are what you were suggesting and my remote wire is tied into the remote wire behind my deck. i switched my two rcas is what i meant
If it's a once channel amp it only has one set of RCA inputs....the other set is an output which would be used to run it to a xover or maybe even strap it to another amp, if it's strappable. There's a remote wire on your factory deck? Wow, never knew that. From what I can tell, you simply had the rca's plugged into the wrong set of plugs....you had them in the output instead of input....who knows? But at least it's working now!!!

As for xover settings and what not...I like my low pass to be set to around 100Hz, the gain you can set by ear (less exact) or via dmm (more exact). If you do it by ear then you run a higher chance of clipping your sub, clipping = bad! Do a google search on "setting gain dmm" and you'll find what you're looking for.

Old 05-15-2010, 12:44 AM

Heres what you do i did it with my impala and may do it with my monte....

get:
line output converter from wallmart like 20 bux
long enough wire for a remote wire (long enough to go from to back of car)
obvious power and ground
wire to connect amp to back 6-9s

use the instructions on the back of the i/o converter
take the wire you have for the remote wire and run it through the left side of your car and unclip the panel underneath the steering wheel. Find the ignition wire and tap into that with you remote wire that was every time you turn your car on your amp will turn on.

Old 05-19-2010, 08:55 AM

So is it working like it should? Got everything dialed in just right?

Old 10-05-2014, 02:32 PM

I have no tols I'm doing the same thing right now installing my converter I'm doing everything behind the dash around my remote power to the power that I go to the stereo and I'm hooked up to the front and rear speakers and I still get no sound from the subwoofer anybody have any idea what I might be doing wrong thank you for your help

Old 10-05-2014, 03:00 PM

I need some help I have a 2002 Monte Carlo LS I'm also installing aftermarket amp and subwoofer to factory head unit converter everything is being done under the dash.I've hooked it up to the front speakers and to the rear speakers separate times and get no sound from my aunt to my subwoofer either way anybody know what I'm doing wrong