Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

install sub wit factory deck

Old 05-05-2010, 10:13 PM
Default install sub wit factory deck

so im going to install my sub and amp and come to find out that that usually 20 dollar harness is way more expensive. is there some way to install the sub with using the factory deck?

Old 05-05-2010, 10:31 PM

Line Out Converter

Old 05-05-2010, 10:46 PM

Yeah, that line out converter is a rca cable that hooks up to your stock speakers since you dont have anywhere to plug teh rca's into the back of your stock stereo... just so you know..

Old 05-05-2010, 10:58 PM

so this LOC, do i just splice it into the speaker wires? and does it matter speaker wires i use? i know postive to positive and what not but i mean like if its the rea ones does it matter which side?

Old 05-06-2010, 12:16 AM

yep, just splice in or use wiretaps....use the rear speaker wires, for obvious reasons.

Old 05-08-2010, 03:46 AM

so i have it all wired together and amp is turning on when the car turns on but my sub makes no noise. none at all. i have the LOC hooked up directly behind the deck with my rca's running back to the amp in the trunk. any help or suggestions would be aapprecieated as im hoping to fix it and get it working tomorrow.

Old 05-08-2010, 07:57 AM

Well, I think, Im not 100% sure on this. But I thik you should have just tapped into the back speakers instead of going behind the stereo. The only thing I can think of is, you have the wrong wires tapped which if so, I would fix real quick before you mess up some electrical. Because if you tapped into the speakers with the LOC... Wait, are you sure you have the line out coverter plugged into the "LINE IN" on the amp?? But back to this, if you tapped into the speakers with the LOC, there should be no problem. Hope this helps.

Old 05-08-2010, 08:01 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

hes right, you need to bring it back all the way to the rear speaker, splice back there and connect, itll be alot easier too.

Old 05-08-2010, 11:04 AM

so it needs to be connected aftr the the stock amp then? because i used the rear speaker wires behind the deck. i know they change color after the amp. also because my loc has a power, grnd, and remote. would i have to stretch speaker wire from the front back to get power for it?

Old 05-08-2010, 11:11 AM

Hmmmm? Do you by any chance have a pic of this you could put up?? I have never seen one that you have to power up. And I take back what I said about the hooking it up at the speakers. I wasnt even thinking of the amp. You shoud hook up the LOC at the speaker wires right BEFORE the amp so you are not putting in unessesary power to the "line in" on your amp, that is, if you're planning on still running your rear speakers on your stock amp. But you should put up a pic of your LOC so we can see what this looks like, it should just be a box with a couple wires and some RCA inputs. What it does is it has a resistor in it so as you turn up the volume it doesnt put more power into the "line in" to your amp, which is also why you would want to hook the LOC up right before the amp (because those resistors can only handle so much power and having 100 watts going through the LOC im not sure it would hold up to well.)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: install sub wit factory deck