Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

04 SS aftermarket installs

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by 04Monte78
DBS MC - the harness that I got is GWH-22. Do I still need to buy the GMOS-01 or GMOS-04? The reason why I'm asking this is beacuse with the GWH-22 comes with the chime capability, but not sure if it also does the Onstar which i dont use and care about. Thanks.
When you use the relocation harness, you no longer need a deck install harness cause the relocation harness doubles as the deck install harness.

Old 02-15-2011, 05:45 PM
Default help on reloating harness

Originally Posted by DBS MC
Which harness did you get? Ive installed the bestkits relocation harness on the installs ive done, its pretty much plug n play. All it does is plug in to the factory harness and then u hook up the deck to the wires coming off it. Nothing to it. Yes, you will have to modify the back of the dash opening to get the deck to fit, its a piece of cake though.
hey DBS MC got a question and also need your help. My question to you is what was the part number for your relocating harness? I'm asking because you said that yours was plug and play. Mine only has the grey connector and the 2 relays for the chime which I know were it connects. I'm confused that it only came with one instead of two.

Old 02-15-2011, 07:40 PM

hey DBS MC got a question and also need your help. My question to you is what was the part number for your relocating harness? I'm asking because you said that yours was plug and play. Mine only has the grey connector and the 2 relays for the chime which I know were it connects. I'm confused that it only came with one instead of two.
I was confused the first time I hooked one up too, definitely didn't expect to see that it didn't have a connection for the black plug. I haven't confirmed 100% but i'm pretty sure that plug is to connect the speakers to the factory amp. Most, if not all, people who upgrade to an aftermarket deck usually hook up an aftermarket amp or opt to run the speakers off the deck itself so that's why there is no connection for that black plug. But if you wanted to hook up an aftermarket deck but still run the audio through the factory amp you can, you'd just have to buy the appropriate harness.

The relocation harness I've used is made by BestKits, p/n - bha2004t

Old 02-16-2011, 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by DBS MC
I was confused the first time I hooked one up too, definitely didn't expect to see that it didn't have a connection for the black plug. I haven't confirmed 100% but i'm pretty sure that plug is to connect the speakers to the factory amp. Most, if not all, people who upgrade to an aftermarket deck usually hook up an aftermarket amp or opt to run the speakers off the deck itself so that's why there is no connection for that black plug. But if you wanted to hook up an aftermarket deck but still run the audio through the factory amp you can, you'd just have to buy the appropriate harness.

The relocation harness I've used is made by BestKits, p/n - bha2004t
Thanks DBS MC I was confused too, thats why I'm taking a long time to start hooking things up. Well I'm more clear of things. Im also, going to hook up two amps a JL 500/5 for the inner speakers and a JX 1000/1D for two 12" subs Alpine SWR-1223D. Once I'm done I'll post pictures of my setup. Thanks again I owe you big.

Just to be clear on things I don't need to have the black plug hooked up?

Old 02-16-2011, 12:38 AM

Thanks DBS MC I was confused too, thats why I'm taking a long time to start hooking things up. Well I'm more clear of things. Im also, going to hook up two amps a JL 500/5 for the inner speakers and a JX 1000/1D for two 12" subs Alpine SWR-1223D. Once I'm done I'll post pictures of my setup. Thanks again I owe you big.

Just to be clear on things I don't need to have the black plug hooked up?
You really should check out the thread titled "Project SQ Monte", that guy detailed every little thing about his build, including this exact issue here. Alot of good info and tons of pictures too, check it out.

Nope, don't need the black plug hooked up.

Old 02-16-2011, 11:17 AM
Default Thanks

Thank you DBS MC for all the help.

Old 02-16-2011, 05:10 PM

You got it!