Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

The sweetest aftermarket head unit install on Monte!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 09:56 PM
Default The sweetest aftermarket head unit install on Monte!

All I can say is "WOW!"

For those of you interested in a flush mount kit for your Monte head unit install, check out www.humount.com

Last edited by 04MonteLS; 06-09-2009 at 10:58 PM.
Old 08-02-2005, 06:45 AM
Default RE: The sweetest aftermarket head unit install on Monte!

kool they finally have them for the monte carlos .

I had seen them for the impalas but they had nothing for the monte carlo at the time.
Looks like i know what i will get for mine then i dont want that gehto look, ya know the one where it looks like you have used bubbel gum to stick it to the dash becuse they dont make a flush mount kit for them.
I was planning on buying a kit and making some kind of brackets from it or useing it as a pattren to make somethign that would fit flush to the dash in mine
Thanks 04 i might have mine in be tween now and the end of summer now

Old 08-02-2005, 05:53 PM

ORIGINAL: mickey

kool they finally have them for the monte carlos .

I had seen them for the impalas but they had nothing for the monte carlo at the time.
Looks like i know what i will get for mine then i dont want that gehto look, ya know the one where it looks like you have used bubbel gum to stick it to the dash becuse they dont make a flush mount kit for them.
I was planning on buying a kit and making some kind of brackets from it or useing it as a pattren to make somethign that would fit flush to the dash in mine
Thanks 04 i might have mine in be tween now and the end of summer now
No problem mang, I was dead set on not putting in an aftermarket deck because I didn't like the kits available. All of that has changed now! The kit pictured costs about $65

Old 08-03-2005, 08:49 AM

yeah i seen the imp. one and it was like 75.00 but i seen it at the end of last year and thought they were neat then but wasent going to pay that price for one that had impala SS on it LOL

wonder if we could do a group buy on them and get them to lower the cost some?

Old 08-03-2005, 08:32 PM

yeah i seen the imp. one and it was like 75.00 but i seen it at the end of last year and thought they were neat then but wasent going to pay that price for one that had impala SS on it LOL

wonder if we could do a group buy on them and get them to lower the cost some?
How many of you are willing to drop $60 for this kit?

Old 08-05-2005, 09:04 AM

i need to get somethign soon and would like this kit. So depending on what is going on i wiould get in on it. Wonder fi they could drop thier price down more then 5.00 if there were a few more of us willing to do it

Old 08-05-2005, 03:10 PM

i need to get somethign soon and would like this kit. So depending on what is going on i wiould get in on it. Wonder fi they could drop thier price down more then 5.00 if there were a few more of us willing to do it
I can't say for sure but it doesn't hurt to ask. I'd just like to get at least 10 or more people in on it though before asking.

Old 08-05-2005, 05:16 PM

i a gree with ya oin that lets put a post in the G-Buys section and see what happens there also. But i think you better write iut tight now theses drugs they got me on are kicking my **** LOL

Old 08-21-2005, 08:47 AM

hey looking at thier site the prices are changed to a point before shipping.

But also looking at it the kit says on some of the others that if you get the non lighted it comes with the lens and a black or polished peice to put it in.

You could gtet the non iluminated and do it your self and might change the price to the better,
Also liek mine are no longer factory colors i might beabel to change it to the colors i have on the dash and then it would match the car better LOL
things to make you go HUM...........?

Old 08-21-2005, 08:53 AM

hey looking at thier site the prices are changed to a point before shipping.

But also looking at it the kit says on some of the others that if you get the non lighted it comes with the lens and a black or polished peice to put it in.

You could gtet the non iluminated and do it your self and might change the price to the better,
Also liek mine are no longer factory colors i might beabel to change it to the colors i have on the dash and then it would match the car better LOL
things to make you go HUM...........?

My personal opinion is that the illuminated part on it should be a different color than the other lights, you want it to stand out, not blend in.

Quick Reply: The sweetest aftermarket head unit install on Monte!