Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Cold Air Intake

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 01:40 AM
Default RE: Cold Air Intake

Mickey, If you're worried about the water/dirt thing at all K&N makes a watershed boot pre-charger is what I think they called it. They also make a snow charger to ward off melting snow. Bascally a little plastic mesh boot that has a silicone coating (like rain-x) that resists rain. Reduces flow by like a miniscule 2% and will make sure that filter lasts a lot longer between cleanings.

Old 03-08-2007, 06:08 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Bigg J, sorry, but I missed my attachment w' the pic. It is now edited and in my post top of page 3. Undecided on the cost yet, but it will be for my cost only, at this point, and is dependent on if I CNC them myself, or a friends dad, who has a CNC router just for this stuff. The prototypes are from used material. They function well, but aren't pretty. New ones will be for show. Will have them done for Montes @ MIS, April 21. You can apply your own graphics, or I can have it done, maybe. I would like to see your custom graphics. Can you e-mail it to me?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2319272

Old 03-08-2007, 07:43 PM

flying r

im not worried about the snow and the rain just seems one of those things that everyone else \is worried about.
i grew up when everyone had a bug caher threw the hood. so i know some water wont kill it but to much in there is not a good thing but the old monte i had , had a velocitey stack on it and ran with otu a hood most of the summer weather it was raining or not.
never had a issue due to rain. more do to the racing LOL

Old 03-10-2007, 06:42 PM

I got a air intake off ebay and it was just the smooth pipe and filter with the connections to hook it all up with a 32k resistor to advance the timing to optimize cold air and it sounds and performs alot better oh yeah it cost a total of 40 dollars for all of it shipped try that out for size

Old 03-11-2007, 04:15 AM

i dont recomend that resistor mod. it only tricks that one sensor... the computer will see that the sensor is not working correctly and then it will disregaurd its input.... it wont go into a complete limp mode... but the car will loose performance. the resistor mod does not add timing... it just stops timing from being pulled in a situation where the intake temps get really hot... it will add fuel though... but unless your runing lean additional fuel wont improve performance either.

with computer chips as cheep as they are getting.... its best to do it right the first time and put a chip in that you will see real improvements with.

Old 03-11-2007, 07:16 PM

anyone ever think of getting a lil piece of y pipe and using two k &n cone filters? I checked one day and had enough room under the hood to do so. So I made a system with two cone filters. Was quieter than normal (more area same pulling power--duh) , but I am wondering if this helps or hurts preformance.

Old 03-11-2007, 09:50 PM

yeah no doupt, i built a cold air intake for my car cos i couldnt find a decent one. i used 4" stainless steel and a K&N air filter and it was a ridiculous improvement. cold air is def the way to go