Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

7th Gen ('06-'07): 7th Gens unite! Quick question.

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Hiroska
400?! Holy batman muf. lol.
That's not to bad when most tuners out there are $250 and up lol. And the fact that it's a full tune done by professionals who specifically do chevy's, I think it's not to bad at all. That and I get to see what kind of power my car is pushing lol

Old 10-30-2013, 10:46 AM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Ima email lew and see what I can find out lol. I think I might do straight pipe with a tune, idk, maybe see how I like the sound. I like the growl and burble, and when i take off I like to hear the burble vroooom, not the loud craptastic tuner stuff, lol.

Old 10-30-2013, 11:24 AM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Dyno tunes usually run like $300 around here. Really that's the way to go if possible. My overkill tune was 200 iirc.

Old 10-30-2013, 11:33 AM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

What places sell the dyno tune? Do you take it to a shop or buy the tuner itself? Ive never tuned a car before so...excuse all the questions. To be honest, this is my first real performance car, and im just now getting into cars lol. I didnt have anyone to talk about these things with besides..well you guys ! and maybe 2 buddies.

Old 10-30-2013, 11:36 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Dyno tune:

Shop that specializes in performance modifications put your car on a dyno. They hook it up to a computer and push the car hard on the dyno. This is where they can tell you the HP you are putting down, but they can also use the data to make changes to your car's computer and increase power.

You buy nothing, you pay for their time and the equipment that they already have. Once you do this, you retain nothing and can't make changes later on. You would have to go back and pay again.

Old 10-30-2013, 11:40 AM
RED DEVIL

A lot of the time re-tunes are cheaper after the first one. Even Lew cuts the price in like half for returns after more mods or whatever.

Old 10-30-2013, 12:01 PM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Oh, thanks fellas ! That helps me find out whats next. Maaaaaaan what would I do without you guys? lol. That wasnt sarcasim at all, I would probably do, nothing. Or go another year with big rims and subwoofers, instead of using my car for what its made for .

Old 10-30-2013, 01:43 PM
RED DEVIL

Originally Posted by Hiroska
Oh, thanks fellas ! That helps me find out whats next. Maaaaaaan what would I do without you guys? lol. That wasnt sarcasim at all, I would probably do, nothing. Or go another year with big rims and subwoofers, instead of using my car for what its made for .
At some point we have asked all the same questions. That's why we have a great forum with great people to help out

Old 10-30-2013, 11:55 PM

Monte of the Month -- August 2013
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by iMuf
With my mufflers it is actually pretty bad. If you have a more tamed exhaust/mufflers I can see it not being that bad. The stock exhaust isn't to bad. I have Spintech pro street 9000 mufflers which are significantly louder than stock and when DOD kicks on it does sound like a helicopter and gets really annoying after a while.

I have the magnaflow cat back and it really doesn't sound like a helicopter. Ive heard this before but I don't think so at all. Tune out the Dod I guess.

Old 10-31-2013, 07:19 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member

I have the MagnaFlow cat-back system as well.

Everyone talks about the helicopter sound the exhaust makes when DOD (4cyl.) kicks in, and I should mention that is a statement about the car's exhaust in general and not one exhaust system over another. I know the sound and personally I don't think it's THAT annoying, if at all, and cruising on 4cyl. mode on the highway isn't THAT bad. I think some of you guys way over exaggerate this.

Quick Reply: 7th Gen ('06-'07): 7th Gens unite! Quick question.