General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

What do you admire about Monte Carlos?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2019, 06:19 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well the looks sold me at first, in 2008 I was looking to upgrade from my 1st car (an 03 Cavalier) to something a little better and when I saw the Monte Carlo i was sold, had to have one. Found a Gem of a 02SS with only 33k miles on it which i bought without looking at anything else. In 2011 I had a little more cash flow and upgraded to my 06SS, again without looking for anything else I just wanted a v8 Monte, which I still own and love to this day and will probably stay in my life til I'm long dead.

Old 06-07-2019, 07:03 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Cool Fun Subject

My first was a 1970 it was all white with a black interior. I only owned it for a short time, it had a bench seat so the Girlfriends would stay off my console lid.
Then someone offered me some cash for it and I went back to my Chevelle and Camaro fascination. But I raced those things. Most folks came to this little town in Iowa for one reason to race me or my cousin, and they limped home most of the time.
Then in 1986 I purchased an 85 Monte Carlo as a company car for my job. It was a fun ride, put a ton of miles on it, but it lasted.
In the 90's I had children who wanted to have their own ride. My daughter had a Grand Am and my son wanted a Monte Carlo. We found a nice low miles Red 97 Monte Carlo. It matched his Red hair the Girls would tell me. He became a chic magnet overnite.
I liked the Monte so much that he had I got one for me as well. Which I still have. It's a 5th Gen the most hated of all the Monte Carlo's however it was Nascars most winning Monte Carlo.
I always wanted to upgrade to a 6th Gen. I wanted to purchase my son in laws Black 2001 SS and my daughter said no. It's always in the shop!
So although I like the looks, but reliability is not consistent. I will blame some of that on the drivers. Some folks just shouldn't be driving, like my wife, she scares the heck out of me.

Had Dale Earnhardt not been lost in 2001 we would most likely still have a Monte Carlo option today in the Chevy line up.

Old 06-07-2019, 12:41 PM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

I love hearing all the interesting stories you all it’s awesome!! I enjoy reading them!

Old 06-07-2019, 02:42 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I was looking to replace my 94 Grand Am.... I wanted a 97-03 Grand Prix with a 3800 (nice daily driver). I did not even bother looking because they were all rusted heaps at that time in my location. I really wanted a 3800, bullet proof for a daily driver and FWD just to make winter driving easier.... Otherwise, I had interest in a late model GTO if I knew this was going to be a "toy" car.
I decided on the Monte, because it had the 3800 and in general, being a W-body like the Grand Prix, had a lot of nice looks and style to it. I believe the Grand Prix in 97 was a 2nd gen Wbody and the Monte did not go second gen W-body until 2000. Seeing that 2000+ Montes were not rusting out any where near as bad as Grand Prixs, I went shopping.
I really wanted the blue/silver 2003 Monte Pace Car. But, I found a 2004 from Buffalo New York. A year newer and less miles then I expected I would settle with and said and done, $500 over my limit. I made it happen.

Since that 94 Grand Am kept going, I would park the Monte for the winter. I had NO idea then that I would eventually never let it be a daily driver. I have owned it since late August of 2008. I am coming up on 11 years I have had the Monte and still happy!!! Had lots of great rides, met lots of great people.

Old 06-07-2019, 05:46 PM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

I currently drive mine as my daily driver but I don’t want it to be like this forever I hope to make it to eleven years and counting with this car someday as well someday I will find something to retire it’s daily driving duties till then cheers to all the montes still on the road!

Old 06-10-2019, 05:57 AM
Default Love mine because..

It's the closet thing I can find to my 71 Camaro.

Old 11-21-2019, 09:16 PM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Old03SSDriver
It's the closet thing I can find to my 71 Camaro.
nostalgia I can get that

Old 11-27-2020, 12:28 PM
Default My love for my 2000 MC

Well let’s see my love for my MC comes from back wen I was bout 15 or so and my older brother had a Monte Carlo ls wasn’t an ss. It was black and the hub caps were black so it was black on black and every time he came over with it I was just in awww I wanted it sooo bad. So wen I get 17 I got a job and he said I’ll give it to u for 1000 think it was like my JR YEAR in high school it would of been a nice car to drive to high school. So my love grew and grew for the Monte Carlo, my brother had got into an accident with it and totaled it ohhhh was I heart broken and I vowed from that day forward wen I get one and I will get one it’ll be better faster and last for a very long time. So now I have my own 2000 ss I’ve put over 15,000 into it and I’m tellin u she’s my baby and I’m not done with it my goal is over 400 hp I definitely know wat I have to do to get her there if it takes another 15,000 or 20,000 I’ll do it I love the car it’s so comfy mine is definitely a head turner, but in recent days I find myself wanting different cars idk why that is idk maybe change idk but I can’t work up the courage to give it up or walk away from it I’ve put to much in it to walk away, plus I feel if I walk away I’d be letting my dreams go and I’d feel that I have failed myself, I’ve done lots and lots of research on my car Monte carlos in general I’ve read a lot of wat everyone says on here especially bumpin he seems to know hell of a lot about these cars, I ask myself my wife my friends ask me why why the MC outta all cars I just laugh look at my car and say I love it I just absolutely love it they don’t make em like this anymore I believe these are the years wen they actually took time in making cars put pride in them nowadays it’s just throw em together slap a turbo in give these cars these days 4 to 500 horse stock just there’s no appreciation there for work to be done it’s all been done with these cars today. Anyways I’m a die hard MC fan and will keep continuing to add and keep up so I can turn more heads.