General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

What do you admire about Monte Carlos?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2019, 08:04 AM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member
Default What do you admire about Monte Carlos?

Hi I haven’t posted in a while a whole lot has been going on. But on the other hand I had just had a question that was on my mind. What do you admire about Monte Carlos how did your love for this specific vehicle begin or what attracted you to a Monte?

I’ll go first, how I found out about the Monte Carlo was from a tv show called the trailer park boys and I absolutely loved it I’m talking about a fourth gen Monte in this particular moment but then one day at my high school parking lot I saw my first sixth gen Monte it was navy blue metallic and had a Borla catback and a slp grille on it. I was fascinated and curious about the car not knowing at the time what it was then discovered it was a Monte and feel in love. And I found my Monte same color as well and I haven’t looked back. But what I admire about this vehicle is the fact that it’s like nothing else it is it’s own car curvature wise (not counting drivetrain lol) and it’s truly a head turner and it truly is a beautiful car and it truly an under appreciated car in my opinion and it is unique and one sweet ride and I couldn’t be happier with my choice! (Cheers to all the montes still on the road!)

Last edited by N/A02NBMCSS; 06-03-2019 at 11:52 PM.
Old 06-03-2019, 02:40 PM

I was always a fan of the 6th gens body style and interior. My cousin had an all black MC on 20 inch Chrome Irocs and every since that day I've always had a for these cars and I'm always thinking of ways to modernize it's design through sketches and my own personal touches.

Old 06-03-2019, 11:48 PM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Thrush_Glasspack
I was always a fan of the 6th gens body style and interior. My cousin had an all black MC on 20 inch Chrome Irocs and every since that day I've always had a for these cars and I'm always thinking of ways to modernize it's design through sketches and my own personal touches.
The sixth gen body style is definitely something unique I’ve checked out your Monte before it’s is truly it’s own I admire the hard work and the comeback it made from that little fender bender my Monte has a similar occurrence back in February and have been putting it back together but better! I wish you luck on your Monte Carlo!

Last edited by N/A02NBMCSS; 06-03-2019 at 11:51 PM.
Old 06-04-2019, 06:22 AM

My fascination started when I was about 14 years old. Racing and working on cars was something I really got into doing. First car I helped build was a Gen 1 car but quickly we switched to the 73-77 cars as they were in abundance. We did stat building a 85 Monte but I moved away before I hot a chance to race that car. After many years of being out of racing I decided for one more chance at reminiscing my youth and took on my project 2002 Monte Carlo SS. It's not quite what I use to race but is capable of taking me one more lap down memory lane.

Old 06-04-2019, 06:09 PM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Jeffs02rwdSS
My fascination started when I was about 14 years old. Racing and working on cars was something I really got into doing. First car I helped build was a Gen 1 car but quickly we switched to the 73-77 cars as they were in abundance. We did stat building a 85 Monte but I moved away before I hot a chance to race that car. After many years of being out of racing I decided for one more chance at reminiscing my youth and took on my project 2002 Monte Carlo SS. It's not quite what I use to race but is capable of taking me one more lap down memory lane.
That’s awesome since I was young I loved cars they were more than just transportation to me always have been your Monte it awesome I bet it was a lot of work to convert it to rear wheel drive still so bizarre to me that they made them front wheel

Old 06-04-2019, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by N/A02NBMCSS
That’s awesome since I was young I loved cars they were more than just transportation to me always have been your Monte it awesome I bet it was a lot of work to convert it to rear wheel drive still so bizarre to me that they made them front wheel
Yes I was a ton of work and I'll probably always be doing something to make it better. As for why they made it FWD it was still a improvement in certain ways. The car technically has a longer wheelbase by a few inches and wider compared to a 78 -88 Monte. I can find pro's and con's to both but to each their own. Great post by the way

Old 06-04-2019, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Jeffs02rwdSS
Yes I was a ton of work and I'll probably always be doing something to make it better. As for why they made it FWD it was still a improvement in certain ways. The car technically has a longer wheelbase by a few inches and wider compared to a 78 -88 Monte. I can find pro's and con's to both but to each their own. Great post by the way
Im hoping to make my MC the 1st widebody anyone has ever seen.

Old 06-05-2019, 01:55 AM

Nascar! Having been a fan of Dale Earnhardt for years, my first race to attend was the Daytona 500 in 1998. Didn't know history was in the making, turned out to be the 50th Anniversary of Nascar, the 40th of the track, the 20th attempt for Dale to win and my first race to attend. Already liked that Monte body style and when i came across a good deal for a daily driver i bought one as a hommage to that day and Monte's in Nascar, also like the 2000 body style but have yet to get a second. I never want to sell or lose or give up my current Monte as it means a lot to me taking that race and day into consideration.

Last edited by volkerc; 06-05-2019 at 04:34 AM.
Old 06-05-2019, 12:32 PM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Thrush_Glasspack
Im hoping to make my MC the 1st widebody anyone has ever seen.
That’s wicked!

Old 06-05-2019, 12:33 PM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by volkerc
Nascar! Having been a fan of Dale Earnhardt for years, my first race to attend was the Daytona 500 in 1998. Didn't know history was in the making, turned out to be the 50th Anniversary of Nascar, the 40th of the track, the 20th attempt for Dale to win and my first race to attend. Already liked that Monte body style and when i came across a good deal for a daily driver i bought one as a hommage to that day and Monte's in Nascar, also like the 2000 body style but have yet to get a second. I never want to sell or lose or give up my current Monte as it means a lot to me taking that race and day into consideration.
I admire their nascar history it one of the reasons I wanted to find and grab some parts off a pace car as my homage to the montes history

Quick Reply: What do you admire about Monte Carlos?