Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Switching to 2 Bar MAP

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2020, 09:26 PM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

I just downloaded two files from the HPTuners repository. They're both supercharged Montes, an 04, and an 05. But in both of them, the VE table only goes up to 140 kpa, which is the same as my NA Monte. I know the files are from supercharged cars, cause the injector flow rate is scaled by manifold vacuum, whereas an NA is static. I thought the supercharged cars had 2bar MAP sensors, so shouldn't the VE table be scaled differently?

Old 06-16-2020, 08:12 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by WolvenScout
I just downloaded two files from the HPTuners repository. They're both supercharged Montes, an 04, and an 05. But in both of them, the VE table only goes up to 140 kpa, which is the same as my NA Monte. I know the files are from supercharged cars, cause the injector flow rate is scaled by manifold vacuum, whereas an NA is static. I thought the supercharged cars had 2bar MAP sensors, so shouldn't the VE table be scaled differently?
I'm pretty sure they have a multiplier in them that HPTuners can't access. I think TinyTuner + DHP was able to make some modifications to that, but they require BIN files and HPT isn't compatible with that stuff anymore.

Old 06-16-2020, 02:37 PM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
I'm pretty sure they have a multiplier in them that HPTuners can't access. I think TinyTuner + DHP was able to make some modifications to that, but they require BIN files and HPT isn't compatible with that stuff anymore.
That's weird though that it would be setup that way from GM. You'd think the sensor that is responsible for measuring pressure would have a table properly scaled to measure said pressure instead of just going to 140 kpa, and having a multiplier applied.

Would it still work if I took one of those supercharged files and did a write entire to the ECM?

Old 06-16-2020, 02:48 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by WolvenScout
That's weird though that it would be setup that way from GM. You'd think the sensor that is responsible for measuring pressure would have a table properly scaled to measure said pressure instead of just going to 140 kpa, and having a multiplier applied.

Would it still work if I took one of those supercharged files and did a write entire to the ECM?
I wouldn't necessarily say it was "set up that way by GM", this is just how HPTuners was able to read the computers. I believe other hex editors were able to make the multiplier changes.

You need to do an OS swap which was what I was saying earlier in the thread.

But hey, if you can figure out a simple way to do it, let me know. From what I gathered it's not possible without a new PCM and OS swap.

Last edited by ChibiBlackSheep; 06-16-2020 at 02:55 PM.
Old 09-07-2020, 10:29 PM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

I stopped by a junkyard today looking for an ECU from a SC car but ran into a little issue. The only SC car there was a Pontiac GP which had this style of ECU:

My Monte has this style:

Do the 04-05 SC Monte's have the second style ECU that would be a direct swap?