Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

What a clay bar can do for you.

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 09:24 PM

Old 10-03-2010, 02:30 PM
5 Year Member

very nice job oh3, make sure you check your cracks for wax ex: doors, and where the body meets the car.

Hey all im still here my hard drive went out. The truck i posted now belongs to me. My dad bought a new truck and gave me the s10. Now i can do some real work on the monte, I am currently sanding the body kit and mockin the fit, well @ least for the sides and rear bumper lol. The front is a bit messed up yet, i have yet to call a few more shops to straingen out the front.

When i get my comp up there will be more pics, of the s10 and monte.

Old 10-07-2010, 03:48 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

Blue clay bar, then polish (what kind?), then wax (I have Meguiar's NXT, ok?)

Old 10-07-2010, 07:47 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I use the blue clay bar. Then depending on the surface I use meguiars professional line Mirror Glaze and use #2 & #9 polish. Then I top it off with meguiars NXT 2.0 wax - all of which are applied by a Porter Cable orbital and removed by hand with micro fiber cloths.

Old 10-08-2010, 04:00 AM

going to be doing one final surface correction/ detail/ wax job this week because its getting cold up here in illinois, and im going to get some "higher" quality wax as im out of everything but turtle wax ( used for sisters or friends cars ... people who dont care )

question for anyone who uses NXT2.0 Tech wax, paste or liquid ??? and how often do you find the hydrophobicity lasts ??? will i need to get another coat on before winter really starts to hit ( 2-3 months ) ???

thanks everyone

Old 10-08-2010, 10:02 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I use the liquid polish NXT and it seem to hold up pretty long - I do use spray on wax after I wash the car, so I don't know if that's prolonging the life of the wax. I basically wax the DD (the 05) 2x a year. Once in the fall and once in the late spring, early summer. I bought some paint sealant and I'm going to try that this weekend.

Old 10-08-2010, 11:34 AM

Monte Of The Month -- April 2011
GOT SPL

I used to use the NXT 2.0. I dont use it anymore. It always lasted a while for me but I always had frequent washing and applied a quick detailer or wax to it after every wash so that helped.

I now use Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 wich is a much better product. I can wax my entire car and use less than 1 oz of product (but also use a DA Polisher) and It lasts much much longer and shines much more.... But its much more expensive. I buy it by the 64oz for my Detail business and it cost $99.99 but its well worth it.

I then top it with Meguires #26 High Tech Yellow Carnauba Wax and it shines amazing.

This combination can last my customers almost a year. Although I recommend at lest 2 times a year. And i do mine almost 4.. I just love doing it thats why haha

I Also want to add that doing multiple coats can help. Like 2 coats of sealant and 1 of wax or 1 coat sealant and 2 coats wax. or do 2 coats sealant and 2 coats wax. I prefer doing 2 coats of each before I prep for car show season because it gives me Ultimate shine for the shows, after a heavy dose of polishing. But for the winter I prefer 2 coats of sealant and 1 coat of wax so it offers me just the protection I need for winter.

sorry for the long post just a lot I wanted to say

oh and BTW NXT 2.0 is a Synthetic Sealant

Last edited by jaws2008; 10-08-2010 at 11:40 AM.
Old 10-09-2010, 01:45 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by drjesus616
going to be doing one final surface correction/ detail/ wax job this week because its getting cold up here in illinois, and im going to get some "higher" quality wax as im out of everything but turtle wax ( used for sisters or friends cars ... people who dont care )

question for anyone who uses NXT2.0 Tech wax, paste or liquid ??? and how often do you find the hydrophobicity lasts ??? will i need to get another coat on before winter really starts to hit ( 2-3 months ) ???

thanks everyone
I prefue liquid but i use machine, and drjesus come up a state i got some professional stuff and it makes black cars look amazing.

Old 10-09-2010, 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by jaws2008
I Also want to add that doing multiple coats can help. Like 2 coats of sealant and 1 of wax or 1 coat sealant and 2 coats wax. or do 2 coats sealant and 2 coats wax. I prefer doing 2 coats of each before I prep for car show season because it gives me Ultimate shine for the shows, after a heavy dose of polishing. But for the winter I prefer 2 coats of sealant and 1 coat of wax so it offers me just the protection I need for winter.

sorry for the long post just a lot I wanted to say

oh and BTW NXT 2.0 is a Synthetic Sealant
well i got a bottle of tech wax on sale for 14.99 so i went with that, and if you say that it helps ill get a coat or two of that on, then hit it with a coat of the deep crystal carnuba wax i got laying around ...

i really wish i had a rotary and the right pads to do it because i know damn well i could get it done ... but i have to make do with an old DA, a wool pad, and a few microfiber polishing covers ... i really need a different DA so i can get some foam pads ...

ill tell you what, i will never have a black car again in my life

Originally Posted by gothkid
I prefue liquid but i use machine, and drjesus come up a state i got some professional stuff and it makes black cars look amazing.
the only thing keeping me from getting someone to wetsand, and a full rotary buff back to stock is the horrendous amount of rock chips in the front bumper, were talking teenage acne pizza face amount of road zits on the bumper and about a foot up from the headlights ... other wise i can do away with 70-80 percent of the hologram/ swirl/ spider web stuff on my own, but there are some serious holograms/ scratches in the hood that are never going to go away without wetsanding, i think someone jumped on the hood and started break dancing with ball bearings and sandpaper ...

Last edited by drjesus616; 10-09-2010 at 02:36 AM.