Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

Opinion Needed: Rear Struts

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 02:42 PM

Amy,
Putting in my 2 cents, I just put new KYB struts in my 7th Gen and those have the "allen" socket for you to put a wrench in to stop the shaft from rotating while tightening the nut.
Steve
Originally Posted by Amy J. Kleyla
I wanted to buy the pre-assembled struts or quick struts but I couldnt find any for my car so I went with the other option which I didnt wanna do

I also had to tap out the new strut for the brake line bracket...The top plates had to be ordered so hopefully it will be fixed tomorrow if everything goes well. I will keep ya all informed ...

Old 04-23-2014, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by sjhartter
Amy,
Putting in my 2 cents, I just put new KYB struts in my 7th Gen and those have the "allen" socket for you to put a wrench in to stop the shaft from rotating while tightening the nut.
Steve

Yup,my old ones had that. The new ones I installed you had to use a 10 mm wrench which I figured out. The other night I couldnt see the flat edges for the 10 mm. So I ended up replacing the top plates and seen the rubber was worn on the old one to the point I see where the noise was coming from.

I got them all installed in a couple of hours and took it on a test drive and it rode like a dream

Ty all for the info it really helped me out.