Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

Rear Struts

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 06:53 PM
Default Rear Struts

Need to replace the rear struts in my 03' Monte SS. This does have the special handling package. Does anyone know what the part number cross reference for the KYB struts is? I've been trying to reseach for the past couple days and haven't had any luck. I'm also looking at replacing the springs / lowering the car with the Eibach springs. Anyone had any issues in installing these?

Thanks

Old 04-07-2007, 07:32 PM
Default RE: Rear Struts

In regards to the Eibach springs, is there anything else that needs to be added?

Old 04-08-2007, 12:09 PM
Default RE: Rear Struts - Need Help

Anyone have any suggestions, I'd like to get these on order ASAP.

Thanks

Old 04-08-2007, 06:05 PM

i have a question to you then What is this special handeling package?
i have the 03 SS with it and noone has yet to answer me this one question LOL

But as far as lowering it look around on the site there is a few threads for the Eibach springs and such
and also about kyb struts and diffrent choices etc...

Im looking at the lowering of mine also. Just need to get some paint on a dash for the person who needs it to LOL

Old 04-08-2007, 06:45 PM

Well, no one has been able to answer my question either. I did find out that the suspension is tuned?? What ever that means. I need to do something rather quickly. The car is getting kind of hard to hang on too. The pavement on the roads is uneven due to the frost, everytime I hit an uneven section, the rear end wants to slide out.

I did recently buy the round tube torsion bars, I am just evalutating the different springs that are available. I want to stick with the KYB struts.

I will continue to look on here, I have already learnt many differnt things. Unfortunately I purchased one of the cheap CAI's of ebay.. just read a thread that its not really helping as its drawing hot air..... there's so much to learn!!!

Thanks

Old 04-08-2007, 07:07 PM

how or did you a notice a diffrence with the round "T" bars?

I have also thought of them to.

as for the struts i was seriously looking in to the air over struts that were int eh other thread but this is more due to the fact i do show the car and living inTexas seems to have a ton of lowerd cars in teh area SO if i want to be abel to compet with them i will have to figure somethign out. But i have not completly decided that will eb it as of yet.
I do drive my car daily about 40miles now for work and it needs to beabel to be streetabel even if it is being showen.
So this is my delema LOL

But i have good struts still and they seem to be handeling well right now also. and over in Germany on th eAutobhan they seemed to be good at holding it on the road also. so i am as lost as you are. Do i change them to somethign softer,stiffer or just replace with OEM?

The one thing that this monte has that i really dislike is the body roll in tight corners. i didnt notice it to much till we lived on a mountian in Germany and it had switch backs that were a blast to drive but also on the way off the mountain to the stores ro even down town. So i was on them alot. And the body roll sucked !!
So that is defently something i want to adress also.
Hoeping that lowering them will help with this some. But im sure there will be more also.

Old 04-15-2007, 11:39 PM

In regards to the Eibach springs, do I need to replace anything elseor just buy the springs and mount them? I have noticed that there are a couple differnet camber adjustment pins available - do you need these. I have read on a couple old posts that an alignment is recommended after the springs are installed. I just want to make sure I have everything I need before I tear everything apart..

I think I'm going to go with the GR-2 struts!!

Anyone who has installed both items.. struts and springs. Can you let me know exactly what is needed.

Thanks