Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

Big Rims

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 07:49 PM

I don't hate big rims on cars or hate on people who put big rims on cars. That being said, it's just not my thing. I personally like 18's and 20's more because they don't overtake a car. Like Montelicious said, I want the car to be the center piece and what I look at, not the wheels. I want wheels to compliment the car. It's something that if done right, it can really look good. But it can also be way over the top. Which is fine, it's not something I'm into but I know a lot of people are. As long as you are happy with your car, that's all that matters.

Old 09-06-2013, 05:50 PM
1 Year Member

What wheels you decide to put on the car makes a cars stance different and can make it look great or horrible, it all depends on the height of the car to the rim size imo. But as some said the wheel will take away from the car? Not if you have a nice car...but it will if you have a busted car with nice rims. For guys who have no mechanical skills n take there car to the shop for every little thing to get done it might seem like a big thing to do a few mods to get a wheel to fit, but actually it is pretty cheap and easy to do yourself. There would be no custom anything if people didn't try new things.

Old 09-06-2013, 08:54 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by SmoothSS
But as some said the wheel will take away from the car? Not if you have a nice car...but it will if you have a busted car with nice rims.
First, it's all in the eye of the beholder. It depends what the owner of the car is going after. I feel wheels should be an enhancement to the car, not take away, flow or blend with the car.
But for some, it's about the wheels not the car, so they want the car to display or enhance the wheels. They need something for people to see the wheels on.

This is a bad example, but hang with me.
Such as, if I wear dress shoes with a suit, they enhance the suit and the suit enhances me (fyi - I hate suits lol). But say I wear that suit with black over sized clown shoes. Sure, the black shoes may blend in with the suit, but the over sized shoes probably take your attention away from the suit and me.
Now, if my GOAL was I wanted you to see the shoes more then me and the suit, then it was a perfect idea. To display the shoes, I had to where them and if I wanted you to notice the shoes, I can even tone down the quality of the suit to make the shoes stand out more.
Like I said, not a great example.

Originally Posted by SmoothSS
There would be no custom anything if people didn't try new things.
100% agree!! When it's said and done with, you need to do it because YOU like it. And like any custom work, people may try it and love what they did or they may stand back and not like it. But if people did not get inspired by something, to make something unique, the world would be pretty bland.

Old 09-08-2013, 12:12 PM

I like big rims, heck I had 20s on my other 7th gen. But I'll never put rims on my 7th gen ss, I like speeding too much and speeding with big rims in a city full of effed up streets = bad. I swear I dunno how you ride 22s I'm chi town, those streets are just as bad as ours in St. Louis.

Old 09-08-2013, 04:29 PM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Hiroska
I like big rims, heck I had 20s on my other 7th gen. But I'll never put rims on my 7th gen ss, I like speeding too much and speeding with big rims in a city full of effed up streets = bad. I swear I dunno how you ride 22s I'm chi town, those streets are just as bad as ours in St. Louis.
Buy a good brand name rim and it takes alot more to bend them, just like everything else...you get what u pay for.