Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

Big Rims

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 07:40 AM
1 Year Member
Default Big Rims

I think it's funny how i keep seeing guys hating on Monte's with 22's or bigger rims on there cars, and to make it so bad the guys talking trash have never had big rims on there cars. 22's or bigger are VERY streetable as long as you have the lift done right (which 22's don't require a lift, 24's or bigger do) and get a name brand rim so they don't bend up when u hit pot holes. At least speak on something you have knowledge about.

What's with all this hating?
------------------------------

Old 09-03-2013, 07:49 AM

Hi `Smooth,
I don't see the `hate on Big Rims/Tires...
I don't always think that bigger is better on every ride, but it's the owner's choice to do what they want to their rides..

What post(s) on the MCF do you see the hate ?
We don't like or condone `hate on the MCF...

People/member's can post their opinions, but I don't see them hating anyone or their ride...Let us know `if you feel that you are someone is hated

Super big rim's like above are just not my style, but there are many that love the look...I do think your Monte Looks Super Good with your choice of Rim's...

I just think it's great that everyone can do what they want to their Monte's & their rides...

"Free 2 `be > Free 2 `do" > If U can afford $'s

Last edited by Space; 09-03-2013 at 07:52 AM.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:01 AM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Space
Hi `Smooth,
I don't see the `hate on Big Rims/Tires...
I don't always think that bigger is better on every ride, but it's the owner's choice to do what they want to their rides..

What post(s) on the MCF do you see the hate ?
We don't like or condone `hate on the MCF...

People/member's can post their opinions, but I don't see them hating anyone or their ride...Let us know `if you feel that you are someone is hated

Super big rim's like above are just not my style, but there are many that love the look...I do think your Monte Looks Super Good with your choice of Rim's...

I just think it's great that everyone can do what they want to their Monte's & their rides...

"Free 2 `be > Free 2 `do" > If U can afford $'s
This thread wasn't in any way a response to your thread, i actually just seen it, lol! But...i just see alot of guys talking trash about big rims and how it ruin's the car and bends rims, messes up transmissions etc etc...
when in actuality they are very streetable ways to do it if done right. It just annoy's me when guys who have never tried having big rims or had them and did it wrong wanna "hate" or talk negative about it.

Last edited by SmoothSS; 09-03-2013 at 08:14 AM.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:08 AM

Hi Smooth, welcome to our World (LOL)....It's sad that some people hate (O~O) dislike >Big Rims/Tires, but I've found that most seem to just Hate `Life

People are going to talk & I agree that some don't seem to know what they are talk'in `bout, but they continue (LoL)...I know a space alien that talks out of his gas tank a lot...Sometimes he right, but many times he's wrong, but he's try'in 2 learn...

I do my best not to let those that hate drag me down to their level...I'd rather love & be `happy , then hate & be sad 4-Sure...

I do my best to convert the bad to good...Good is so much better..4-Real...
Thanks for sounding `off & venting > It's all good

Last edited by Space; 09-03-2013 at 08:11 AM.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:13 AM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Space
Hi Smooth, welcome to our World (LOL)....It's sad that some people hate Big Rims/Tires, but I've found that most seem to just Hate `Life

People are going to talk & I agree that some don't seem to know what they are talk'in `bout, but they continue (LoL)...I know a space alien that talks out of his gas tank a lot...Sometimes he right, but many times he's wrong, but he's try'in 2 learn...

I do my best not to let those that hate drag me down to their level...I'd rather love & be `happy , then hate & be sad 4-Sure...

I do my best to convert the bad to good...Good is so much better..4-Real...
Thanks for sounding `off & venting > It's all good
I just wanted to see some responses to my post and see why people think they are so smart on the subject, and maybe hand out a lil knowledge on the subject to...

Old 09-03-2013, 09:07 AM

i dont think people are hating on big rims because of actual performance issues, its more of the fact that some people think hey just look ridiculous

Old 09-03-2013, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by MonteSSS
i dont think people are hating on big rims because of actual performance issues, its more of the fact that some people think hey just look ridiculous

" I believe what looks ridiculous to some, looks beautiful to others"
I'm just thankful that we don't all like the same exact thing , that would make a very boring world to live...
I'm just thankful that we all have choices in our life (if we can afford our choices)

To each their own > Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, or beer holder, key holder, or those that tock the smoke
It's all good & it adds to the diversity of our Monte Carlo Family
(Below `vid has our Future Monte Carlo Owner's with a message to `all)
Peace/Out

Last edited by Space; 09-03-2013 at 09:38 AM.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:24 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Done right or wrong, damaging to the car or not, I think most of us just like the look

Old 09-03-2013, 11:24 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

In all honesty, it depends on the car and style of the rim. The first thing I look at is do I thing the combo looks good or not (and it's truly in the eye of the beholder, what looks good to me might be crap to someone else). I think it was 21 or 22's I thought would never pull off on the 6th gen Monte and I believe it was Frank that ran a set and once I saw what he did, they flowed NICELY!
But again, what rim styles people like vary a lot.

When you start messing with wheels that increase the wheel diameter from stock, that opens it's own challenges. Such as you may need to have the fenders and quarters trimmed to allow clearance (and if not done right, that trimming can look hacked up). Also you can change how accurate your speedometer is when you change the outside wheel diameter. I have heard when people run smaller wheels the potential to pre-maturely burn up wheel bearings exists (that's rumor, I don't know the truth of the matter).

But again, most of the issues with wheels is personal style.

Just mt 2 cents

Old 09-03-2013, 01:25 PM
Monte Of The Month -- December 2010
Monte Of The Month -- November 2014
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I think wheels should compliment a car, not overtake it. I want to notice a car first, not be blinded/distracted by huge out of proportion wheels first. There is a balance line that gets crossed alot. JMO

Quick Reply: Big Rims