Showcase Your Ride Post Photo-shoots, Videos, Sound Clips about your ride!

My new 2013 Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 07:17 PM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by red04montels
I think they still hold their own for their age, that's for sure, I like the pretty level powerband as well.

The 5.0's best feature IMO is definitely the sound, Mustangs have always sounded great, the new 5.0's are no exception

As for plans, probably going to keep it stock, I want to build a vette and I'm currently working on the Rambler restore, no money for the poor WS6 lol
They absolutely hold their own. After you build a vette and the Rambler you need to build the WS6 and it needs to sound like this monster

Old 11-26-2014, 09:49 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Congrats! After a lot of research I am also going with Borla S Type Axle Backs. Still sticking with the Airaid CAI and need to send my Diablo inTune tuner back to Bama to get it programed to my GT. Other than that, it's staying stock. I designed a trunk panel and had Tim Miller make it. I'm also getting the engine cover painted by a company from Indiana called Wicked Dipz (found them on facebook) - I had them paint my coil covers.

Old 11-26-2014, 10:17 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by iMuf
They absolutely hold their own. After you build a vette and the Rambler you need to build the WS6 and it needs to sound like this monster

Thumping 370 Forged LS3...NASTY (first start) - YouTube
I've considered it for sure, I want to keep the WS6 nice though, only 8500 miles on it, I want to keep it a low mile cruiser

Built that Stang though

Old 11-26-2014, 10:49 PM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by AwesomeSS
Congrats! After a lot of research I am also going with Borla S Type Axle Backs. Still sticking with the Airaid CAI and need to send my Diablo inTune tuner back to Bama to get it programed to my GT. Other than that, it's staying stock. I designed a trunk panel and had Tim Miller make it. I'm also getting the engine cover painted by a company from Indiana called Wicked Dipz (found them on facebook) - I had them paint my coil covers.
Nice, I think the S type is hands down the best sounding exhaust for these cars, that is what I will be going to after I get new wheels and tires. but I think I am going to do the cat back because you get an X-pipe with it which is nice. I like the X-pipe sound a little more on the 5.0 than I do the H-pipe.

Old 11-26-2014, 10:59 PM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by red04montels
I've considered it for sure, I want to keep the WS6 nice though, only 8500 miles on it, I want to keep it a low mile cruiser

Built that Stang though
Oh it is going to get built lol. I plan on doing a 624hp ford racing supercharger and then doing a CAI for it, smaller pulley, GT500 fuel pump if needed, one piece aluminum or carbon fiber drive shaft, stronger clutch to handle the power. I would like to be right around 550ish HP to the wheels, I think those mods should get me there if not well over. I want it to still be street able since it is a daily driver, however when I do go to the track I would like to put down some decent numbers. And having the ability to beat any car from light to light would be nice to lol