Racing your Monte Raced a guy in your ride? Had that Monte Carlo of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

A word of warning about street racing...

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2022, 06:33 AM

Hello all,

I can’t argue with what you all are saying about tickets being a revenue generator for some cities. We had a small town here in north Florida that was forced to close because their only reason for existing was too write speeding tickets.

I wish people would put their phones down and pay attention. If you’re going to pass someone use your turn signals on ahead of time and pass the slower car as you should don’t come by me as if you’re racing in nascar. People seem to hit the brakes and then turn their turn signals on more and more these days.

My mother was at the end of her life due to old age recently. I had to rush an hour and a half to the town that she was being treated in. My 3.8 Monte will run 110 with 196’000 miles on it still. I did that as safely as could.

There are times that you will have to speed, if we get caught we know that we were speeding and if you get a ticket we can’t blame anyone but ourselves.

It seems that we have beat this horse to death, let’s give the poor creature a rest for a while. 🙂

Everyone have a great week and be safe on the roads.

Mike

Old 04-11-2022, 11:08 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Mike Palatka
I wish people would put their phones down and pay attention. If you’re going to pass someone use your turn signals on ahead of time and pass the slower car as you should don’t come by me as if you’re racing in nascar. People seem to hit the brakes and then turn their turn signals on more and more these days.
I wish the same! Distracted driving is a HUGE problem and too easy to do. And I also wish people quit viewing signals as "optional". Perhaps if they used the phone less and the car more....