Racing your Monte Raced a guy in your ride? Had that Monte Carlo of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

What are the legal reprocussions?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 05:18 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default What are the legal reprocussions?

I wanna know where the best and worst places to street race are. Not that I'm a street racer - honestly, never! But maybe that just because authorities in Ontario Canada really have no sense of humour about it here.

They don't care if your actually racing against someone here. If your caught going 50km/h over the speed limit they first impound your car. They don't care who's car it is, its gone for a week. If its a rental your stuck paying the rental too. If its your parents, your parents are allowed to beat you (okay, j/k about that part sorta). You will lose you license for 2 years on the first offense. Your insurance will skyrocket enough to stop you from driving again. I mean skyrocket. A former cousin-in-law of mine's insurance was over $1000 monthly after a second speeding offense and he wasn't even going that fast. They are real a-holes with insurance. It also carries a $10,000 maximum fine and you could spend 6 months in jail.

So speeding in Ontario isn't much fun. Too risky. Can I race in your neighbourhood?

Old 01-04-2010, 05:23 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

well in STL its pretty much any hwy as long as no cops are around we race, idk what the cops do about catching racing nvr have been, they have run us off for gathering in 1 location though but as long as u got a good radar detector here your good lol

Old 01-04-2010, 06:14 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

come on down i know of a few sposts and when the pigys show up half the time it's just a big cramble and they go find a new spot... never actually seen anyone get cought befor unless they r just

Old 01-04-2010, 06:14 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

beign stupid and racing down a main road

Old 01-04-2010, 06:32 PM

Here in Cincinnati, OH we got a ton of open highways with literally no where for an officer to safetly sit and run radar for long mile stretches. Can you say 110mph next to the Ohio River at 1am?

Old 01-04-2010, 10:01 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

In NC, it depends on if it was "organized" or "spontaneous" speed competition.

Spontaneous is basically like a 60 day license suspension I think, plus 10 insurance points, which will pretty much make you uninsurable.

Organized is when the state can take your car and crap, plus suspend your license for a year, and the same 10 insurance points.

BUT, NC has these things called prayer for judgment, which means if hte judge is in a good mood, it goes on your record as PJC (Prayer for Judgment Continued) which means no insurance points are assessed for the whole thing, no license supsension, basically they let you off the hook. However, the insurance company can take you out of it's "safe driver" programs and what the what not, and you can only get 1 PJC per household every 5 years.

Last edited by Cowboy6622; 01-04-2010 at 10:29 PM.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:14 AM

"Illegal Street Racing"

Can be SuperSuper eXpensive 4-Sure
Check `out below link 4 more `infor
Oh, Take it 2 the Track
http://www.evostreetracers.com/Evo_P...elease213.html

Old 01-05-2010, 07:20 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEr0la4gMiY

Click above for Street Racing Vid across the USA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nulC70OM-EA

This guy can drive 4-Sure
Click above & view

"It's crazy out there be Smart/Safe
Buckle `Up
Kick it down
See U in Jail or hospital or Heaven or Hell
EnJoy your only Life `Journey
4-Sure

Last edited by Space; 01-05-2010 at 07:31 AM.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:36 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

I'm a hypocrite and I know it, but racing is for the track and that's it.

Old 01-05-2010, 09:33 PM

Used to have a spot down here in ct where cops would actually watch and hang out with you it was a old closed road that was perfectly stright and as long as we stayed of the main roads then they wouldnt bother us it was a agreement we had.....to bad that road no longer is around and they have built houses on it.....racing in the streets had died down alot here due to alot of accidents and deaths....one horriable case being a kid was racing another car lost control and crashed into another car which happen to have his mom and sister in it.....his mom didnt make it

Quick Reply: What are the legal reprocussions?